Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Purchasing Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Vicksburg, Mississippi.
This individual supervises activities concerned with procurement and coordination of all raw materials and components essential to manufacturing operations by taking in consideration element of cost, quality, quantity and delivery of materials. This Supervisor establishes purchasing parameters with buyers in the department and coordinates scheduled delivery with manufacturing priorities.
The Purchasing Supervisor directly supervises supply chain analysts and buyers within purchasing department. The responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Manages procurement of raw materials, components and purchased goods essential to support manufacturing & shipping schedules.
- Ensures all rejected purchased materials are communicated and processed per internal procedures, including charges related to vendors.
- Supports the Eaton Business System (EBS), Operations Assessment (OPA), Materials Management Assessment (MMA), Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) & MESH initiatives.
- Leads cross-functional teams to improve processes.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities related to the purchasing function.
- Balance & coordinate the workload and responsibilities of subordinates, supporting all plant metrics including, OTTC (on time commit), DOH (days on hand), DLT (demonstrated lead time), OTD (on time delivery) for vendors, premium freight costs& overall plant revenue.
- Coordinate & support activities around the monthly SIOP (Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning) process.
- Review all safety stock levels, lead times, supply chain strategies, stocking agreements, etc. for any purchased items.
- Promotes a positive and healthy work environment for the purchasing department.
- Articulates scheduling, cost and vendor quality to buyers within the department. Provides cost analysis and actively supports cost reductions and value improvements.
- Articulates scheduling constraints and lead times required to process orders and ensure delivery of materials.
- Audits requisitions and purchase orders to insure correct and sufficient nomenclature, data and approvals.
- Collaborates with departments to secure quotations, samples, delivery time, engineering information or development of engineering specifications and substitutions.
- Maintains vendor certification and relations.
- Travels as necessary to perform supplier appraisal activities and/or resolve supplier-related issues.
- Oversees the activities of other buyers to ensure supply, coordination to schedule requirements and system information.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, standardization and conformance to policies and procedures of subordinates.
- Takes the lead in training and standardization of purchasing policies.
- Consolidates parts and standardizes requirements with Engineering, where applicable.
- Prepares, consolidates and coordinates reports to plant leadership.
- Model Eaton’s ethical policies and comply will all corporate, plant & regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience buying, purchasing or supply chain.
- Minimum of one (1) year of demonstrated leadership experience within teams or projects.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Vicksburg, MS to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, or Supply Chain from an accredited institution required.
- Master degree in Business Administration
- Experience with SAP
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Read Full Description