It’s Time For A Change… Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018 . Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
The client accountant is responsible for performing daily accounting, billing, reconciliation and analysis of financial transactions. Depending on the assignment this role will be responsible for premium billing and accounts receivable and/or completing certain month end close procedures as well as analyzing revenues and expenses to ensure accuracy. The client accountant will be responsible for executing transactions that feed financial statements, analyzing the results of the transactions, preparing support for journal entries, preparing monthly reconciliations and assisting with annual audits
- Prepare, review and send monthly premium invoices for clients
- Troubleshoot and/or solution to correct/address billing errors
- Ensure premium cash received is posted timely and accurately and suspense is clear
- Review retroactive census transactions for validity
- Match premium deposits to cash receipt reports and cash postings and bank deposits
- Troubleshoot and correct premium and AR problems, identifying variance and implementing corrective actions
- Work with the enrollment and configuration teams to make corrections to member and group records
- Monitor and correct account balances and prepare late and collection notices to members and employer groups as needed
- Prepare month end journal entries and/or provide support for such entries
- Perform regulatory reconciliation and monitor and track discrepancies to resolution
- Calculate monthly capitation expense
- Assist with external audit requests
- Prepare audit schedules for annual financial audit
- Prepare supporting documents related to financial transactions
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Prepare cash disbursement transactions
- Assist in the preparation of financial management reports
- Develop and/or adhere to internal control procedures
- Provide input in the preparation of accounting policies and procedures
- Gather 1099 information for annual filings
- Assist in the preparation of financial projections
- Prepare cash deposits
- Execute EFT uploads and cash transfers
- Prepare miscellaneous check disbursements
- Adhere to internal control procedures
Key competencies/skill/success factors:
- Strong understanding of US Generally Acceped Accounting Principles, accounting methods, and audit procedures, as well as a conceptual understanding of managed care.
- Understanding of Federal and State laws regarding financial transactions for Medicare/Medicaid and Exchange products is extremely helpful.
- Understanding of health insurance billing and eligibility processes strongly preferred
- Ability to find and suggest solutions with little or no guidance
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, MS Access, and MS Word
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Work under minimal supervision, with all levels of staff and management
- Integrity and discretion to maintain confidentiality of member’s HIPAA data
- Strong analytical ability necessary to work, discover and outline systems related issues on your own as well as within a team. The ability to take the lead on projects and recommend and implement process to complete work.
Qualification and Experience:
- B.S. in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred but not required
- BS in Accounting with 2-5 years of professional experience
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Read Full Description