Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Join our team and experience Workday!
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At Workday, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
The world’s leading companies trust Workday as their enterprise cloud suite, supporting breakthrough results in financial management and human capital management across a wide range of challenges and industries. Workday helps organizations in all industries achieve extraordinary success.
About the Team
Customer Enablement at Workday is all about our customers – we create and deliver services to help them find greater value in their Workday investment. The Customer Enablement team has a broad and deep understanding of Workday. They enjoy the reward of helping customers to be more self-sufficient, to stabilize and optimize their Workday applications and to learn about new features. Team members say the variety of services and unexpected challenges keeps the job exciting and fresh.
Our team members:
- Provide an experienced, strategic perspective to customer engagements.
- Have a willingness to learn quickly.
- Adapt and succeed in challenging situations.
- Clearly articulate and demonstrate solutions.
The Customer Enablement consultants and engagement managers advise and support multiple customers concurrently on short duration projects. Our services for production customers include:
- Jumpstarts - onsite design workshop and feature configuration for self-sufficient customers
- Deployments – implementation of features like Recruiting, Learning, or Expenses
- Review and Recommend - configuration and requirements assessment for optimization
- Enablement Workshops - two to three-day multi-customer facilitations
- Office Hours – appointment based consulting for self-sufficient customers with Workday
About the Role
The Customer Enablement (CE) Engagement Manager will manage several Enablement projects, coordinating the delivery of packaged services to customers of all sizes and industries around the world.
Engagement Managers drive the execution of projects, ensuring success, efficiency and quality via project management practices (e.g., create project staffing plan, coordinate system access, conducting meetings, etc.) and by managing the customer relationship for the duration and under the terms of the projects. Within these projects, Engagement Managers serve as an advocate for Workday, our employees and our customers in equal measure, ensuring projects are completed under budget and on time per the definition of each service.
- Managing projects for the delivery of Customer Enablement programs and services as outlined above.
- Clearly and effectively communicating Customer Enablement objectives and project delivery strategies.
- Becoming an expert in Workday's implementation methodology and leveraging it on engagements.
- Manage the delivery of high volume, concurrent, short duration projects.
- Demonstrating competency in the Workday product suite - HCM, Payroll, and/or Financials.
- Providing guidance and mentoring to Professional Service resources working on your projects.
- Ensuring projects are properly planned and staffed.
- Working with the client project manager to identify and resolve issues that could impact project scope or timeframe.
- Presenting in customer meetings and in Workday internal operational meetings.
- Ensuring that the customer takes advantage of Workday best practices.
- Being a liaison for professional services when interacting with sales and development.
- Identifying opportunities to position other service offerings.
- Ensuring customers can serve as a reference upon completion of their project.
- Presenting client with change orders if Workday agrees to perform tasks outside of the scope of the SOW.
- Managing project administration tasks such as updating project forecasts, logging customer support cases, assisting with team scheduling and other internal project initiation tasks.
We are looking for someone who has the following:
Read Full Description
- 4+ years of systems project management experience
- Ability to deliver and drive results to a managed project plan
- Excellent organization, time management, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work on multiple engagements and deliverables simultaneously
- Passion for customer service
- Business development skills
- Consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software company
- Experience implementing Workday, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft or similar application
- Working knowledge with at least one of the following business areas: Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, General Ledger, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Services procurement
- Capable of influencing, interacting and collaborating with senior executives, internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20%