JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
Join the JDRF Westchester/Fairfield/Hudson Valley Chapter and become a part of an energetic and purposeful community working to end type 1 diabetes;
- Provide administrative support to chapter development staff and volunteers by assisting in ongoing office, special events and other chapter fundraising activities.
- Implement logistics for Chapter Walks, Gala and Golf Events.
- Assist in volunteer recruitment and retention for the chapter.
- Communicate effectively to the development staff team and to volunteers in order to ensure proper flow of information within the chapter.
- Develop information/task timelines and systems to improve the distribution of materials and effectively manage tasks for all special events.
- Support reporting and data management needs. Maintain the chapter computers, database and files. Responsible for data entry and generating reports.
- Responsible for managing daily chapter financial processes and record keeping. Ensure compliance with JDRF Accounting Manual and audit guidelines. Work with Executive Director to ensure no significant or repeat violations during Chapter internal audit.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- College graduate and one (1+ ) years of office experience preferred.
- Experience working with volunteers and in handling the logistics of special events preferred.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access). Experience using databases a plus.
- Ability to learn new computer software programs.
- Development and preparation of presentations.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi task.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Read Full Description