Cobham is seeking a Facilities Manager who will be a Manager and Lead for all facility maintenance, focusing on Buildings and Grounds but also supporting internal systems maintenance when required. Respond to reports of structural, safety, security, environmental, and general maintenance type issues. Communicates with all stakeholders to ensure that working conditions are satisfactory. Utilizes common sense, observes workplace safety and appropriate PPE practices at all times, and ensures that tasks are completed in a timely, safe, and efficient manner. Supports company Environmental Safety and Health programs/practices for the site ensuring environmental and safety regulatory compliance, adherence to company ES&H guidelines and driving continuous improvement to achieve goals and objectives. Ensures that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and health standard provisions and that all required records are prepared and maintained. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous facilities projects
- Evaluate, select, and manage facilities, maintenance, and building contractors
- Track Environmental key performance indicators (KPI’s), recommend and implement conservation measures and promote savings initiatives
- Develop, update, and manage Maintenance and Facilities budget
- Develop and plan capital projects and manage expenditures to agreed budget.
- Assure all related government filings are current, accurate, and comply with regulations. The agencies include but are not limited to the DEC, EPA, ATF, Town of Orchard Park, Orchard Park Police and Fire Department, etc.
- Responsible for hazardous waste disposal, shipping, preparation, and storage as a small RCRA generator
- Conducts in-house training where applicable for maintenance team and implements safety regulations and programs as a member of the Safety Committee
- Manage the Building and Grounds Support including but not limited to:
- IT support
- Power, lighting, vacuum, plumbing, D.I, and chilled water systems
- Office remodeling
- Contract support including but not limited to:
- Fire and security systems
- Snow removal
- Parking lot maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety are included as part of everyday activities
- Maintain and make regular improvements to our facility as needed to uphold the standards of our manufacturing expertise
- Institute regular improvements for safety, health, and environment to ensure compliance and future growth in ISO9001 and ISO14001
- Improvement of KPI’s through Continuous Improvement activities
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma with a minimum of at least 10 years of experience in the operation of a Facility in a Management role
- Knowledge and experience of HVAC, electrical, building and grounds, and maintenance and equipment repair
- Knowledge of various Federal, State, County and Local codes and regulations involving construction, environment, fire, safety, sanitation, and recycling
- Knowledge of computer systems – CAD, PM, and Microsoft office systems
- Experience leading and educating maintenance teams and employees throughout a facility to deal with frequent changes, delays, and unexpected issues to meet customer demands
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering / Technical field of study or Associates degree in an Engineering / Technical field of study with a minimum of 5 years of Facility Management experience.
- Management of construction projects
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
US-New York-Orchard Park
Carleton Technologies, Inc.
Mark Whalen Ongoing
Read Full Description