Position at j2 Cloud Services
The Sr DevOps Engineer will design, implement, test, deploy, support and perpetually improve upon continuous integration pipelines utilizing new technologies, industry standard toolsets and software development in a fast paced agile environment in order to streamline time-to-value for our customers. In this key role, you will help define and implement deployment, management and monitoring strategies of a global communications infrastructure while mentoring more junior team members in the development of infrastructure as code, automation and telemetry best practice. The ideal candidate will be organized, analytical, meticulous, innovative, and possess excellent communication skills.
- Modernize and automate release management, deployment processes and strategies covering Dev, Test, Stage, Canary and Production environments
- Collaborate with and mentor team members in the improvement of CI/CD practices
- Design and implement solutions for managing applications and infrastructure, with goals of increasing the security, reliability, repeatability, and consistency of operational tasks
- Support and maintenance of infrastructure to include on-prem, colo, and cloud deployments.
- Plan and execute on-prem service migrations to AWS.
- Work closely with distributed development and QA resources in several countries to achieve low-friction efficient CI/CD pipelines.
- Provide architectural design and practical guidance to software development teams to improve resiliency, efficiency, performance, and costs.
- Evaluate and define config management strategies and process utilizing Puppet/Ansible/Terraform/etc
- Support and Automate Linux, Windows and Database administration activities and monitoring
- Identify KPIs and implement scaling and resilience strategies in support of SLA expectations
- Perform analysis and provide recommendations with regard to AWS deployments and opportunities for efficiency and cost reduction initiatives
- Maintain and enforce compliance with audit controls and external certifications.
- Prepare project documentation, status reporting, policies, procedures and reports assigned by management
- Some after-hours and weekend work is required of this position.
- Participation in on-call rotation is required of this position.
- 6+ years hands-on UNIX/Linux system administration experience in a distributed enterprise environment
- 4+ years experience designing and implementing infrastructure as code within AWS ecosphere
- Expert level proficiency in at least two scripting/programming languages: Bash, Perl, Python, Go, Ruby, etc
- Mastery in DevOps discipline and processes supporting Continuous Delivery Tools such as CodePipeline, Jenkins, Git, Vagrant, Consul, JFrog, etc
- Mastery in config automation tool sets such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc
- Extensive experience with APM tool sets such as OpenAPM, NewRelic, etc
- Proficient with Jira, Confluence, and git toolset
- Hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum & Waterfall process environments
- Consistently exhibits a personal accountability to outcomes to all team members, peers, and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet deadlines
Nice to have
- Experience with OpenSIP Router, Freeswitch, or other SIP software solutions
- Experience with PCI, HiTrust, FedRamp/GovCloud and/or similar certification methodologies
Read Full Description