Become a member of an entrepreneurial team within the Property & Casualty Claim department made up of actuarial and data professionals. This position supports the Specialty Claim Leadership team. The successful candidate will establish metrics, provide innovative claim data analyses and partner with Claim professionals to support their business intelligence needs. This candidate will be technically strong and will enhance our capabilities to make data−driven decisions and recommendations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead smaller scale efforts supporting the analysis and insights for quarterly Claim Operation reviews.
- Establish relationships with Claim Professionals and Claim Leadership; Use these partnerships to identify opportunities to build and analyze metrics.
- Establish relationships with our Actuarial Reserving business partners; Use these partnerships to drive key operational insights into the Reserve Review process.
- Interprets data and identifies relevant analyses; Monitors trends over time and provides actionable insights to determine actionable outcomes on a business area. Makes recommendations using technical experience, judgment, and precedents.
- Collaborate with our in−house claim data team to innovate and improve efficiency of managing data, allowing for greater speed and accuracy of producing analyses, metrics and insights.
- Contribute to building an analytics and data culture in Claim.
- Stay up to date on data science trends and developments.
Director or above.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of applications such as Alteryx, Tableau, SQL and other business related software a plus.
- Strong technical skills and ability to learn programming languages.
- Solid analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Broad knowledge of business functions, statistical methods of analysis, company systems and databases, and their integration; Experience with Claim Data a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; articulately and concisely explain the implications of complex data.
- Solid project management, organization and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects effectively and lead teams.
- Ability to effectively resolve complex situations and issues.
- Ability to solve issues with a sense of urgency; utilizes and manages the available resources to make informed decisions and achieve superior results.
- Ability to creatively and effectively manage through ambiguous and challenging problems, leads through change and takes appropriate level of risk.
- Ability to leverage enterprise applications for reporting and process improvement to meet business objectives.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, or related field.
- Typically a minimum of seven years of related work experience.
CNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture. M/F/D/V.Job
Nov 1, 2019
Read Full Description