ConsenSys is the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in a complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, infrastructure and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
Are you passionate about decentralizing our future and taking control of how we evolve? Then join us! We are seeking passionate, determined and resilient individuals who thrive in a self-directed, collaborative culture. Our technology is transforming global society and humanity - we welcome you to this exciting opportunity.
About ConsenSys Solutions
ConsenSys Solutions is our Enterprise sales, consulting and services unit that provides strategic advisory, ideation and use case designing, and new venture and platform development services to enterprise and government clients - helping them discover, explore and develop blockchain solutions. Our teams have led some of the most innovative blockchain production implementations in the world.
We are busy building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security and infrastructure, and more. We help governments and enterprises deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done across complex networks of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
We are literally shaping the future of decentralized technology, and we're looking for exceptional talent to help us change the world!
About the role
You will be a key contributor in ensuring we are able to deliver quality products to our end users. Acting as the gatekeeper between our development and user environments, you will work meticulously to test and retest products, seeking out defects and driving their resolution with our software engineers.
- Functional & black box testing
- Create and maintain detailed test scripts to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements (manual and automated testing environments).
- Estimate, prioritize and plan testing activities
- Review requirements and provide knowledgeable feedback to ensure they are thorough and detailed
- Coordinate the execution of test scripts with QA, Project Managers, Developers, and business (internal or external) testers
- Create and maintain QA procedure documents; look for efficiencies and best practices to be applied to the test automation framework.
- Assist Developers and technical support staff in identifying and resolving defects
- Contribute to continuous improvement and proactively support knowledge sharing across broader QA team within ConsenSys
Experience and Skills
- Proven QA experience within an digital web & mobile environment
- Experience of automation tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Experience working in an agile development team
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Ability to work under pressure to resolve issues affecting the production services
- Outstanding prioritization and time management skills
- Possess strong communications and facilitation skills
- Some knowledge of blockchain is a plus, a willingness to learn is welcomed
- Self-sufficient, self-starter and a fast learner
- Champion a culture that encourages new ideas
- Have an interest in new technology and innovation
- Always seek to improve product quality with a kean focus on the end user
- Eager to take on new responsibilities as needed
- An advocate for excellence and willingness to effect change when necessary
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related subject
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage
Perks of the Mesh
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a leader with vision in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the attention. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- High degree of self-management. Remote work and unlimited vacation are possible as long as they are compatible with your client and business requirements.
- Decentralized culture. We work in non-hierarchical and holacratic ways, meaning that you grow in an environment that truly encourages all levels of collaboration.
- Global reach. Connect with brilliant minds across 6 continents as we continue to grow and build a diversified culture.
Opportunities for the Decentralized Future
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that the next generation of technology presents an opportunity to craft a more just and equitable society.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new technologies, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. The entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. For these platforms to scale to the order of millions or billions of users we have much work ahead. The team at ConsenSys is building technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
- Entrepreneurial opportunities. We are always encouraging our community to push the boundaries with innovative business ideas.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Read Full Description