Cobham Aviation Services are recruiting for an Electronic Design Team Leader who, in support of the Development Engineering Director, will be responsible for managing the resource allocation and task assignment for a key NATO program. The Team Leader is accountable for all costs, schedules and technical aspects of all assigned work packages in the project team. They will lead team excellence through processes, practices and continuous improvement to improve the performance, capability and competencies of the team.
The business have recently been awarded a contract for the design and development of a range of operational training electronic warfare pods by the MoD on behalf of NATO. This will provide realistic training in electronic warfare to the member countries, in order to be able to operate in a real time situation.
Reporting into the Development Engineering Director, you will drive the development and design phases of the project ensuring key customer milestones are delivered and resource is allocated efficiently.
This position is based at our Bournemouth International Airport site and requires occasional customer travel.
As an Electronic Design Team Leader your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience in managing an Electronic Design Team
- Deep domain knowledge, with experience in the application of that knowledge to the entire product life cycle from inception to delivery
- Proven track record and significant experience at technical management level of radar, electronic warfare, surveillance and communications systems
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Engineering Design Reviews.
- Proven ability to work and deliver, to time pressure and deadlines
- Demonstrated performance in team building, fostering organisational culture and delivering continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- The demonstrated ability to motivate people and influence change in line with company organisational values
As an Electronic Design Team Leader your main responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for implementing design review practice in accordance with LCM project governance
- Identify and document as needed our intellectual property such as trade secrets, patents and controlled information
- Manage the engineering talent pipeline to ensure future talent and skills are in place at the right time and place
- Manage the workload pipeline so that the team is optimally deployed to deliver business objectives
- Collaborate with the IPT Project Managers to address project needs and issues by allocating or shifting specific engineers within the team to specific projects (drawing on their product experience and technical expertise) to minimize project risk
- Ensure consistent methodologies and tools are used throughout the team in line with the process frameworks and the Engineering strategy.
- Responsible for managing the cost, schedule and technical performance of the teams work scope in bids, proposals, and the IPT project schedule
- Has the authority to review and approve all work assignments, documents and commitments involving the team
- Support the Development Engineering Manager, and the BD and Program Management teams in bid and proposal activities
- Lead the implementation of the engineering strategy for the team
- Track, report and drive improvements to engineering performance metrics
- Lead cross-functional negotiations with Program Management, Operations & Procurement and BD & Technology to prioritise allocation of Engineers across the Business (matching skill sets and competencies with the requirements, and adjusting for evolving Business priorities
Cobham Aviation Services UK
Protecting borders, saving lives and enhancing the effectiveness of defence personnel.
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised airborne surveillance, operational readiness training and search and rescue services.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page
Read Full Description