Job Description :
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
- Builds, codes, tests, maintain high quality software
- Participates in Agile sprints and ceremonies; supports rapid iteration and development
- Translates user requirements into software requirements
- Ensures that every page and every step a user will experience in their interaction with the finished product will conform to the overall vision created by designers
- Builds code to specifications and standards
- Builds and codes moderately complex software
- Contributes code at a BU level
- Greater positive impact to specific organizational entities
- Contributes to the success of a team
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Understanding of how technology supports Manulife business strategy
- Familiar with platform technologies
- Familiar with modern software architectures and API-driven development
- Familiar with scripting languages
- Needs class room training for new disciplines
- Finds his/her own way in tutorials and documentation
- All interpersonal skills meet requirements for role
- Strong working knowledge of key aspects of role
- Staying abreast of developments in own technical discipline and able to recognize and translate these to own working environment
- Participates in functional demos utilizing new tech; less controls required
- Sees actions as a series of linked steps
- Understands informal structure, company culture, cooperation & information sharing within the company
- Collaborative attitude, willingness to work with team members; able to coach, participate in code reviews, share skills and methods
- Constantly learns from both success and failure
- Good organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Good verbal and written communication; able to effectively articulate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes
- Experiments with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next.
- Straightforward tasks likely to be completed to an acceptable standard
- Able to achieve some steps using own judgement; supervision needed
- Drives less than 30% of the time in paired programming
- Possesses analytical skills and appreciates complex situations but only able to achieve partial resolution
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Read Full Description