Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday is seeking an experienced Logistics Technician to join our growing BT Logistics team. Based in Pleasanton, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience in asset and inventory management in a large enterprise environment
The successful candidate will be comfortable working autonomously, but will also be able to function as part of a dynamic global team, and will be adept at developing and implementing scalable processes to enhance the service delivery capability of the BT organization. He / she will also align strategically on global initiatives and process improvement plans, to mature our BT Logistics function globally.
- Review team metrics, tasks backlog, projects, and prioritize workload accordingly.
- Supervise daily operations of deployment, procurement, imaging, reverse logistics, and inventory processes.
- Utilize inventory and purchasing knowledge to analyze usage and provide proactive course of action to resolve inventory shortage, discrepancies, and other issues observed.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Forecast and manage strategically within planning, inventory control, warehousing, and receiving.
- Coordinates with multiple suppliers and storage locations to fulfill all requests.
- Monitor orders according to forecast and report variances accordingly.
- Work closely with inventory and receiving technician to track the receipt of
- Track orders and update progress to requesters via tasks within a timely manner.
- Coordinate RMA and report discrepancies to supplier in regards to order shortage, overage, and quality issues.
- Work with the team to document and implement improved logistics processes.
- Oversee asset and peripheral E-waste disposition process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Provide excellent customer service to all requesters
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse supplier base
- High sense of urgency and effective communication skills to work with all levels employees, management, and vendors to make independent decisions based on process and procedures.
- Must be punctual and willing to work regular and overtime to complete tasks/projects
- Ability to identify computer, monitor, and peripheral components.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment, manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, and adapt quickly to shifting business priorities.
- Ability to work independently and manage own schedule effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflicts, lead meetings, deliver presentations, and facilitate problem resolution.
- Develop tactical and strategic solutions for complex business issues.
- Experience managing common enterprise hardware, across systems, networks, and client side
- Experience with budgeting processes and managing operating expenses.
Read Full Description
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of logistics management and/or supply chain management experience required.
- Data entry and proficiency with email, spreadsheet, and asset management required. Ie ( ServiceNow, MS Office Suite, Slack, Zoom etc.)