Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks either proactively or when reported by customers
- Proactively mine and analyze data from hadoop cluster to assess customer health and maintain customer dashboards
- Work with the customer support group as needed to resolve performance issues in the field
- Explore automation opportunity and develop tools to automate some of the day to day operations tasks
- Provide performance metrics and maintain dashboards to reflect production systems health
- Conceptualize and implement proactive monitoring where possible to catch issues early on
- The qualified candidate will have an overall experience at least 3 years of relevant experience in the performance analysis and troubleshooting.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- The ability to diagnose complex problems and deliver analysis of root cause
Read Full Description
- Extensive experience in Linux and monitoring
- Proficiency in bash scripting and development using any of Java, Ruby, Python programming language. Prior experience in development of performance measurement and analysis tools e.g. logparser, monitoring dashboards (Wavefront) is an advantage
- Data wrangling experience with any of Hadoop, SQL, R, numpy
- Proficient in JVM technology and JVM troubleshooting skills are a must have. Good understanding and hands-on experience of advanced programming concepts (e.g. threads, exceptions and I/O, memory management) in java technology stack is required.
- Proficient in writing database queries using SQL or similar