JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
The Development Coordinator role is an opportunity to join a strong Greater Iowa Chapter team and work closely with the Executive Director and local leadership, regional teams and an outstanding group of volunteers to increase the reach and impact of the Chapter.
The Development Coordinator position is a fundraising and development position and may supervise volunteers for assigned responsibilities. The position includes fundraising, developing, coordinating and implementing events, office administrative tasks, working with volunteers on a regular basis and helping to expand assigned activities within the comprehensive development areas of the chapter. This position does require some evenings and weekends.
- Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of JDRF. Understand the strategic direction and purpose of the organization and support the Chapter’s fundraising strategies and business needs.
- Promote fundraising for assigned areas of core events.
- Evaluate and expand programs in collaboration with the resource team and volunteer leadership.
- Assist in recruiting capable volunteers for the organization and manage seasonal or other staff (as appropriate).
- Manage and maintain accurate and complete financial records for each event.
- Submit reports to the chapter executive director and volunteer leadership and JDRF’s National staff.
- Ensure that the logistics and budget/timelines are met for each applicable event.
- Office financials, invoicing, processing deposits, processing payments, acknowledgment letters, ordering office supplies, and ensuring chapter is audit compliant.
- Maintain a good understanding of JDRF’s mission and research cure therapeutics.
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Three+ (3+) years of office experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior fundraising experience preferred.
- Experience in organizing and planning special fundraising events.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Proficiency with computer programs is required.
- Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative and an amazing team player!
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, such as coordination of people and resources, planning, and resource allocation, as well as ability to develop presentations, reports, and business correspondence, manage files and records, and coordinate other office procedures.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Active listening, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure. Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Read Full Description