Want to get to know the hiring manager? Watch a quick interview here!
edX is an open source educational software startup venture between MIT and Harvard. Our platform allows millions of learners around the world the opportunity to access education across a variety of different subjects. We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Platform Health squad, responsible for operating the world's leading learning destination site and investing in solutions to help edX engineering teams deliver better software faster.
The ideal candidate has a strong DevOps profile and is comfortable working with complex systems in a cloud environment.
What you'll be doing
- Build tools to automate and accelerate edX engineering teams’ ability ship code
- Design and develop systems & processes that enable highly available, scalable systems
- Leverage technology such as Python, Django, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Bash, Terraform, MySQL, Redis, elasticsearch and more to advance our platform
- Champion best practices by collaborating with other teams on a shared vision of success
- Help the Open edX community, standing up their own edX platforms, make contributions to edX’s open-source codebases
- Rapidly diagnose and resolve faults with services as a member of an on-call rotation focused on investing in actionable alerting and automation to reduce alert fatigue
- Contribute to the company in multiple areas, constantly pushing yourself to be a better engineer and to level up all of your peers within your team and within edX.
Who you are
- Four years professional experience with at least two years spent being responsible for production systems
- Adept in programming languages, preferably Python experience
- Working knowledge of Linux both as an end-user and as an administrator
- Experience running web applications in a production environment
- Strong business communication skills for interfacing with technical and non-technical business stakeholders
- Nginx, MySQL, MongoDB, Django, Splunk, Git, and Jenkins experience
- Understanding of automation tools, continuous integration pipelines, using CI/CD systems and configuration management
edX is an MIT startup company that offers highly competitive benefits and retirement plans, a pension program, free lunches every day, and meaningful work!
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our learners and educators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to help us increase access to education across the globe. Are you ready to be a part of our Mission?
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.
Read Full Description