FP&A Senior Analyst, SF
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate closely with leaders and budget owners across Mapbox
- Lead planning and budgeting conversations on behalf of the finance team
- Assist with preparation of board and management presentations, reviewing business performance and outlooks
- Provide business analysis and financial modeling to teams, including ad hoc scenarios, ROI analyses, and application of investment criteria
- Own and understand reporting and forecasting around our Pay-as-you-go customer cohort
- Perform cost control analysis and reviews, regular management reporting of actuals to budget and operating plans
- Provide clear and concise variance explanations
- Partner with the Mapbox accounting team to ensure accurate and timely G/L global close and reporting
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Hands-on experience scoping, building, and maintaining budget models and rolling reforecasting
- Experience with subscription/recurring revenue models
- Experience with complex pricing and highly dynamic cost models
- Experience with planning and budget management across multiple offices, departments, teams, and currencies
- Expert status with Excel
- 3-6 years of work experience
- Calm under pressure, excited to be at a startup and able to enjoy the uncertainty and ever-changing nature of a high-growth company
- Experience supporting R&D and/or G&A functions, SQL experience, and NetSuite experience bonuses
- Experience understand SaaS metrics for Sales, Marketing, and efficiency KPIs
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Read Full Description