Master Resilience Trainer – Performance Experts (MRT-PE) support government client’s program at multiple locations. MRT-PEs teach mental skills, resilience, and performance enhancement techniques to military Soldiers, Families, and DA Civilians. Teaching is conducted in group and individual settings, and includes general education in human performance along with personalized training on how to acquire and apply specific mental skills and techniques that cultivate the mental and emotional strength necessary to thrive in an era of overwhelming demands and persistent conflict. The mental skills and techniques taught by the program include: Building Confidence, Goal Setting, Attention Control, Energy Management, Integrating Imagery, and Team Building. Using these principles, MRT-PEs help the clients to become high performing “tactical athletes” and help foster high performing “unit teams” in preparation for, during, and following combat operations. Specifically, MRTPEs teach performance psychology to further promote excellence and efficiency during physical, technical, and tactical training, as well as during the challenges of combat operations. MRT-PEs also provide tailored education to facilitate Wounded Warriors in their transition back to their units or to civilian life. The program teams are comprised of 5-10 MRT-PEs and led by a Site Manager with seasoned prior military experience.
- Attends training exercises and field operations as requested by individual units to serve as a performance enhancement consultant and to coach the clients and leaders on the acquisition of performance psychology techniques and their application to individual military tasks and unit operations.
- Provides tailored educational programs and workshops to help Families and Civilians living and working in demanding environments achieve success and accomplish personal, professional, and family goals.
- Recommends improvements to all aspects of the program operations.
- Performs routine program operational duties.
- Conducts assessment, assist in program evaluation, and support research projects being conducted locally.
- Assists or provides program overview briefings to VIPs and high-ranking leaders when required.
- Develops and maintains professional development relating to all aspects of performance enhancement, academic proficiency, and military-related knowledge.
General Job Information
Master Resilience Trainer- Performance Expert, CSF2
Federal Contracts Group
United States of America
United States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date
Date Requisition Created
Masters (Required), PhD
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Master's or Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Psychology, Counseling, or Kinesiology with a specialized emphasis in sport and/or performance psychology.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices on most or all workdays.
- Ability to communicate and interact with others, both in person and/or by telephone to conduct business.
- Experience and ability to work under time pressure.
- Working rapidly for long periods to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to AFSC travel policies and procedures.
- Must be able to enter private homes that may or may not provide easy access for those with physical disabilities or those recovering from physical rehabilitation or post-recovery mobility.
- Position requires ability to transport self from office locations to private homes, other offices and facilities where training and other program activities occur.
- Physical requirements can typically be characterized as active: Lifting, bending, sitting on the floor, climbing may be required in the position. Requires lifting or moving various pieces of equipment, maximum 40 lbs. Position may require work on hands and knees to conduct program activities.
- Multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to perform under stress.
- Reading and comprehension proficiency.
- Effective writing skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Customer contact expertise.
- Travel requirement: 25%.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Read Full Description