World leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 43 countries and services more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l’Etoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture.
We look for candidates whose motivation is to invest in themselves, in the projects of the future, and to participate in a collective adventure led by a pioneering spirit.
We have the commitment to offer our collaborators a working environment which encourages team spirit, with priority given to training and development with international career opportunities.
Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux employees who have already identified with these values!
AFRICA COMPLIANCE MANAGER
Geographical Scope : AFRICA
Under the supervision of the EMEA Regional Ethics and Compliance Officer, you will based in Abidjan (Ivory Coast) and shall provide compliance expertise and guidance to AFRICA Cluster Commercial business partners and support functions to enable decision-making that stays within ethical boundaries while still optimizing business performance. You will make sure that the Ethics & Compliance program which includes inter alia anti-corruption/anti-bribery, interactions with health Care Professionals, third party management risks, conflict of interest, etc… is effectively implemented.
KEY ACCOUNTAB ILITIES :
- Provide day-to-day support, strategic advice, and problem-solving expertise to AFRICA leadership to ensure that business operations are conducted in full compliance, acting as an independent gatekeeper for high risk business activities
- Manage the localization and implementation of the core elements of the Ethics & Compliance Program in the AFRICA Region, in accordance with local laws, and in coordination with AFRICA Local Compliance Teams.
- Monitor relationships and implements compliance action plans related to high risk third parties, including distributors and healthcare professionals
- Advocate and develop a strong compliance culture within the business through day-to-day advice, communication, and regular training of employees and high risk third parties.
- Investigate complaints/reports and ensure enforcement of corrective/disciplinary actions, as assigned by the EMEA Regional Ethics and Compliance Office
- Develop, review, and edit compliance policies relevant to local operations
- Identify risks/gaps based on current internal processes and regular review of external environment and legal/regulatory developments in the region, and recommend improvements for AFRICA, EMEA or Corporate compliance program
- Represent bioMerieux at Compliance meetings organized by IVD local and Regional AFRICA associations (Mecomed, local IVD associations, ..)
- Work effectively with other functional teams (Legal/Finance/Medical/Purchasing/etc.) to identify current and prospective Ethics & Compliance risks, including communications, investigations and related programs, and help enhance procedures to enable bioMerieux to effectively manage these risks.
- An anticipated 80% dedication to the AFRICA Cluster, and 20% to the EMEA/Corporate.
- Master’s degree in Compliance and/or Legal, with at least 4 years in-house legal or compliance experience strongly preferred in the medical device, biotech or healthcare industry.Languages: Fluent in French and English.
- Possess unquestionable reputation for ethics and integrity, personal values, and solid character
- High emotional intelligence and engagement skills
- Maturity and decisiveness, including the ability to frame issues to support quick decision-making as well as an understanding of business to know how and when to escalate issues.
- Highly proactive and partnership-oriented approach
- Ability to logically analyze topics and address them pragmatically, working with stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Model resilience and flexibility; adapts well to new circumstances and adversity
- Knowledge of laws, codes, and regulations surrounding marketing to health care professionals and anticorruption regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills
Sep 25, 2019, 12:08:15 PM
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Read Full Description