Symphony is investing in the APAC region as a result of recent success, client expansion and funding from the local Banking community. As a result, we are seeking a talented New Business Regional Account Manager to win, oversee and develop new logo Regional clients in Hong Kong, China and Korea. This role shall be pivotal in building traction and coverage across the region and building communities across Sellside and Buyside Regional Banks, Asset Managers, Investment Banking markets.
- Qualify addressable market opportunity and prioritise time to penetrate accounts accordingly
- Build pipeline, identify and win new Regional Buyside and Sellside clients in China, Hong Kong and Korea
- Build and develop multi-threaded relationships at various levels within the accounts
- Take a consultative approach to ensure Symphony’s value proposition resonates with the customers’ needs
- Ensure client retention, develop loyalty and build long-term relationships to expand accounts with additional licences and usage
- Identify, position and develop new use cases within accounts encompassing Symphony’s collaboration and Market Solutions offerings to digitize and automate trade workflows and operations.
- Expand existing Accounts (Increasing penetration within an enterprise). This role shall initially be 80% new business and 20% managing and growing existing accounts.
- Forecast account management targets and align account forecasting metrics with new sales to meet company budget
- Ensure client retention (develop loyalty and build long-term relationships by facilitating any further needs Symphony can provide them with)
- Contribute information to sales strategies by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analysing and relaying customer reactions
- Communicate new services, information, or changes relevant to the client
- Mandarin and/or Korean speaker would be highly desirable
- 10+ years of experience and deep knowledge of the Financial Services and Capital Markets vertical; an understanding of workflows across front, middle and back office in both buyside and sell side environments
- Experience in a direct end-user sales role with a sense of urgency to drive new business
- Experience building competitive positioning and business models specific to client accounts
- Understanding of company's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of company's offerings relative to competition, and overcome objections
- Experience effectively selling company offerings and building strategic relationships with senior management, principals and decision makers
- Collaborate effectively with others in the accounts to ensure coordinated efficient account management.
- Coordinates and directs efforts across company sales teams
- Deep understanding of pipeline management discipline and ability to explain benefits to sales teams
- Ideally an understanding of Secure Messaging and Collaboration technology (or FinTech, FinServ), SaaS based technology and competing vendors
- Proven examples of solutions sales abilities
- Ability to establish relationships with C-level decision-makers
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills with the confidence and maturity to have instant credibility at all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Solid commercial and financial awareness with capable knowledge of complex negotiations process
- A true passion for delivering a ʻbest-in-classʼ customer experience
- Confident in ability to hit quota along with a track record
- Able to provide tangible examples of revenue derived from up-selling current client base
- Demonstrated success of working with global Enterprise Customers and growing business
- Proven examples of solutions sales abilities
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, and London.
Symphony has raised $460 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale, Nomura, MUFG, Standard Chartered, as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
- Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Read Full Description