The Edwards Lifesciences Transcatheter Heart Valve Therapy (THVT) organization is seeking a Senior Specialist, Sales Training responsible for supporting the growth and development of the US THV Sales team through development, execution and continual improvement of new hire and ongoing training programs.
This role will have regular contact with field sales, sales leadership team, and internal stakeholders to collaborate on needs assessment and content development. The successful individual will have a combination of training development skills, excellent communication, and business acumen. Collaboration with cross-functional teams and the ability to develop a deep understanding of the Edwards business and the THVT product are critical to success. This individual will need to travel with the sales team to understand their day to day and continually change the new hire curriculum to meet the dynamic nature of the business. A successful candidate will be self-driven and able to create, organize, and conduct a multi-disciplinary and multi-day training.
- Plan, implement and manage sales training programs.
- Facilitate training programs, defining agendas, managing faculty, and advising speakers on training content in line with learning objectives and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Manage the new hire onboarding process. Lead orientation programs for new hires, identify process improvements in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Manage field trainer program assigning trainers to new hires, conducting regular check-ins with new hires and trainers and leading train-the-trainer sessions.
- Administer online training platforms, generating status and completion reports and managing curriculum assignments.
- Track and report training compliance rates and escalate as needed.
- Provide feedback to sales leadership and hiring managers on development needs of new hires and key attributes to look for in new candidates.
- Provide feedback to trainers in order to improve new hire field training experience.
- Training content management:
- Develop creative, interactive training tools, printed materials, and learning exercises to encourage engagement and enable knowledge retention. Edit videos and learning modules for distribution.
- Contribute to training initiatives for product launches, advanced training and other topics, in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Manage training plans to ensure plans are current and meet ongoing compliance and business requirements, and that the field is compliant. Recommend and develop process improvements.
- Other incidental duties assigned by Leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in communications, sales, training, marketing or other relevant role.
- Medical device experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with sales teams preferred.
- Experience working in a regulated environment preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience building relationships across functions and levels of an organization. Excellent interpersonal, consultative and influencing skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with record of providing effective deliverables with sound business acumen.
- Exceptional organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks through effective prioritization in order to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities and shifts in direction.
- Strong individual contributor but has the ability to work well in a team. Speaks up when important information or questions must be raised and takes action when issues must be addressed.
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Office including proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint required.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life. Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
USA-USA-California - Irvine
Read Full Description