Pre-Sales Operations/Engineer Intern
US, Texas, Plano
- The Pre-Sales Operations Engineer Intern is a summer 2020 internship based in Plano, TX. This intern will be working with the pre-sales business unit working on refining design specifications, analyzing data to create dashboards and working on improving processes. You will undertake a challenging project designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you navigate through the organization. Specific projects and responsibilities will be assigned based upon your skill-set.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
Start: End of May 2020
End: Mid-August 2020
About the Role
As part of the ongoing growth of McAfee, the Pre-Sales organization is on an upward growth trajectory – helping to transform and mature the Software Security Market. With that tremendous growth, we are looking for the right individuals to support and guide the Pre-Sales organization from an operational perspective. The opportunity before us will need the very best professionals – and that is exactly who we are looking for - the right individuals to help lead this growth, be a part of the transformation and to ensure the customer experience is outstanding.
- Identify project milestones and goals, and manage the project deliverables to ensure timely delivery
- Contribute towards the achievement of group’s strategic objectives including process improvement and better user experience designs
- Understand customers’ needs and the and customer environment
- Gather and refine design specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Take responsibility for stakeholder management, including coordination of departmental or cross-functional/cross-organizational teams as well as communication within the organization, outward to other internal groups and external customers
- Define and manage projects, driving closure on issues and gaps as well as maintain focus on continuous improvement
- Analyze and consolidate data points from different areas to create Reports/ Dashboards
- Understand the software legal compliance process, how to apply it and ensure that legal risks to McAfee are mitigated
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT Management or Computer/Software Engineering
- Must be 3.0 GPA and graduating AFTER August 2020
- Hands-on experience with a MS SharePoint, Office 365, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, MS Power BI
- Your background must include data analytics with experience with BI tools.
- Strong Technical and Communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the US without restrictions
- Can commute to Plano, TX for the internship.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
- Pension / Retirement Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Texas, Plano
Read Full Description