Symphony is seeking a talented Business Development Manager to develop business, selling to the Professional Services players in the Global market. The Business Development Manager shall be instrumental in driving and supporting growth in the Financial Services and Capital Markets vertical with the Management Consultancies and Systems Integrators. The Business Development Manager will have proven experience successfully selling to Consulting and Systems Integration organisations and will have expertise and experience within the Capital Markets vertical.
- Identify and win global new logo clients in the Professional Services market
- Build and develop multi-threaded relationships at various levels within the accounts
- Take a consultative approach to ensure Symphony’s value proposition resonates with the customers needs
- Ensure client retention (develop loyalty and build long-term relationships by facilitating any further needs Symphony can provide them with)
- Expand existing Accounts (Increasing penetration within an enterprise)
- Up-sell premium services (Increasing package offering selected by enterprise) and, managing client relationships effectively
- Contribute information to sales strategies by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analysing and relaying customer reactions
- Communicate new services, information, or changes relevant to the client
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value
- Forecast account management targets and align account forecasting metrics with new sales to meet company budget
- Develop and continuously refine effective processes for account management department
- Ideally experience working for a Management Consulting, Systems Integrator or Boutique Consulting firm or experience working intimately with Professional Services firms.
- Experience and deep knowledge of the Financial Services and Capital Markets vertical and an understanding of workflows across front, middle and back office in both buyside and sell side environments.
- Experience in a direct end-user sales role with a sense of urgency to drive business
- Experience building competitive positioning and business models
- Deep understanding of company's organization & operations, including key business rules, and alignment with company go-to-market strategies, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives, structure and business model.
- Understanding of company's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of company's offerings relative to competition, and overcome objections
- Experience effectively selling company offerings and building strategic relationships with senior management, principals and decision makers.
- Collaborate effectively with others in the accounts to ensure coordinated efficient account management.
- Coordinates and directs efforts across company sales teams
- Deep understanding of pipeline management discipline and ability to explain benefits to sales teams
- Ideally an understanding of Secure Messaging and Collaboration technology, SaaS based technology and competing vendors
- Demonstrated success of working with global Enterprise Customers and growing business
- Proven examples of solutions sales abilities
- Ability to establish relationships with C-level decision-makers
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills with the confidence and maturity to have instant credibility at all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Solid commercial and financial awareness with capable knowledge of complex negotiations process
- A true passion for delivering a ʻbest-in-classʼ customer experience
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, and London.
Symphony has raised $460 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale, Nomura, MUFG, Standard Chartered, as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
- Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Read Full Description