About the Role
Uber Eats is seeking a Sales Manager to lead our hub in Chicago. In this role, you will set the culture, tone, and direction for a contingent of sales managers and sellers. You will work with the team to develop creative tactics and strategies that will open up opportunities for the Eats platform and drive consistent performance and results. To accomplish this, you will gather and apply data to pinpoint practices, processes, and trends that can be refined or retooled to increase efficiency, productivity, and ultimate success.
What You'll Do
- Oversee 4-6 Front Line Sales Managers and 35-40 sellers
- Direct team to reach objectives using established policies and management guidance; develop managers and sellers through focus on professional development
- Collaborate with senior leadership to establish and execute sales objectives and goals
- Monitor daily operations to maximize sales and meet and exceed targets
- Develop plans to ensure short and long term growth and sustainability
- Implement performance management plans to hold managers and sellers to a high level of accountability
- Keep up-to-date on competitive services and strategy
- Gather and leverage data to maximize team inputs and outputs
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify, develop, and drive adoption of standard methodologies for long-term growth across your hub and others
- Solve diverse challenges and utilize internal / external network as needed. Identify and involve various stakeholders to help scale internal process improvements
- Be a thought partner to senior leadership regarding sales, sales metrics, process, performance, performance management, and opportunities for improvement
What You'll Need
- Minimum 8 years of experience in senior sales management and business development
- Minimum 5 years of proven sales leadership, including building sales teams and managing and developing managers
- An owners mentality to build out local sales culture, fostering an environment of inclusion and collaboration
- An entrepreneurial approach to identify gaps and proactively implement new processes to bridge those gaps
- The ability to genuinely receive, reflect upon, and act on both positive and critical feedback
- A head for data analysis; harness and leverage data to spot trends and craft tactics and strategies that will drive productivity and profitability
- Bachelor's Degree
- Salesforce/Tableau experience
About the Team
Our team focuses on helping local restaurants grow their business and expand their customer reach through our widespread and loyal user base. We pride ourselves on understanding the nuances of each specific US city to bring eaters what they crave, door-to-door in less than 30 minutes.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Read Full Description