About the Role
The Strategic Insights Associate will be part of the Strategy and Planning Team and will focus on taking a data driven approach to drive decisions and mid-long term strategy changes critical to the success of our support organization. He/She will be first and foremost a strategist, using a deep knowledge of the product, a real passion for problem solving and strong customer support, and data skills to tackle key challenges that will define/shape how we define the customer support experience we deliver and that are simultaneously the best for the business and the customer.
He/She should have a strategic mindset, strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and stakeholder management, a creative and problem solving attitude, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information. SQL expertise is a MUST.
What You'll Do
- Design and lead projects/experiments and drive analysis to inform important strategic decisions that improve the support experience for drivers and riders
- Lead strategic projects to provide insights to our service model
- Coordinate with other members of the Global Community Operations Team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Provide insights that drive decisions around process, policy and service model
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company with new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes.
What you'll need.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Business, Marketing or similar field -- if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
- 3+ years of Strategy Consulting, Engineering, Banking, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence or similar background in a large business or growing a startup is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Analytical rigor - Excellent SQL skills are required, and Python is a plus. We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to resolve a problem and how to analyse it to get to your answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world
- Roll up your sleeves and get into the details approach
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly
- Speed, resourcefulness, and go getter attitude: Uber is committed to constant improvement. You're excited to help create a product with value
- Communication and collaboration skills - You'll work with your city's driver-partners, as well as different Uber teams in your city, across the country, and all over the world. You excel at working with diverse teams, understanding different perspectives, and creating solutions together
- Business curiosity - you love to learn and constantly seek ways to improve your understanding of the business and the tools you use. You share your learnings with your team and encourage others (and yourself) to take on new opportunities for further development
About the Team
At Uber, providing extraordinary customer support to riders and driver partners is a core feature of our product experience. The Community Operations team is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver support around the globe during our most critical incidents and accidents. Delivering this support isn't easy - it takes leaders who can understand Uber's operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Read Full Description