In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
We’re just getting started!
About the team:
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our scaling Engineering team in WebSummit.
The engineering team is broken up into smaller cross-functional teams which deliver different business projects; like ad-automation, core data APIs, attendee web applications and internal optimisation tools.
At Web Summit we believe that the power of data and engineering can be applied to every facet of our events to make the attendee experience excellent, so whatever projects you work on you’ll work closely with our UX engineers, data scientists, event engineers and web developers across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, RISE in Hong Kong and Collision in Toronto.
What you’ll achieve at Websummit:
- You’ll deploy scalable & robust solutions over public cloud to support product and platform engineering applications
- You’ll be able to script and automatise your way through repetitive tasks
- You’ll troubleshoot and support platform related issues impacting customers (internal or external)
- You’ll liaise with external teams to provide solutions to technical problems
- You’ll help mentor team members to foster their professional growth
Who you are:
- You are constantly scouting the technological landscape to find new solutions
- Monitoring, latencies and KPI measurement are your oxygen
- You can troubleshoot and isolate or help isolate problems and root causes
- Blameless post mortem analysis is for you a solid base for improvement
Key Skills and Experience:
- Solid experience in managing AWS | Kubernetes based infrastructure
- Good scripting skills - Bash / Python / Ruby
- Experience with deployment/config. automation tools (e.g. Kickstart/Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
- Good network/system/software engineering skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Medium/Strong computer & network security knowledge
- Linux Server (Debian family)
- AWS stack
- ISO/OSI Layers and networking
- Systems and network security
- Large Wifi networks deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Training and/or mentoring experience
- Experience in design and/or rollout of policies or compliance strategies
Be healthy, curious and social:
Read Full Description
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you with onsite talks, training initiatives and a Coursera account for everyone!
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.