The Technology, Product, Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology and our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next generation technologies that transform the customer experience. The Next Generation Access Network (NGAN) team is at the forefront of change focused on innovating, building and operating the best in class, most reliable access network for our customers.
The TPX NGAN Technical Project Manager is responsible for defining E2E project schedules for delivery of key technical deliverables for large scale, highly complex technology initiatives and working closely with cross-functional resources and teams to ensure successful delivery against those schedules. The successful candidate will help facilitate and collaborate to align teams to a common understanding of success, scope, milestones, risks/issues and delivery targets. Close coordination with the appropriate Technology and Product leads will be required to ensure alignment between the teams on schedule commitments and risk management. Demonstrated use of courage, curiosity, trust and respect in communications and interactions will be critical to success.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Lead scoping and architecture review activities for initiated programs and follow process for program approval at architecture initiation board.
- Create and track end to end project plan in conjunction with the lead engineer.
- Lead and track tasks and milestones across all parties, including vendors. Lead, facilitate and drive programs. Share responsibility and accountability for programs.
- Manage and drive test organization activities.
- Facilitate bug triage, manage bug lists across vendors, track issue resolution with lead engineer.
- Lead change request generation and tracking.
- Make project’s scheduling decisions in conjunction with the lead engineer or to facilitate conversations necessary for decision making.
- Report on project’s progress as required by product engineering management.
- Identify and manage critical path and risk areas, and create risk response and mitigation plans.
- Report weekly (or as necessary) on any risks/issues.
- Escalate as required to unblock open issues.
- Work with other project managers to track and manage inter-project dependencies.
- Communicate updates on major milestones, escalations, and status to lead engineer and lead project manager.
- Work with lead engineer and management to set project specific budget.
- Project spend rates based on the budgets.
- Manage within budgetary objectives set by manager, monitoring and controlling costs within functional area.
- Lead junior-level project managers on the team. Identify interfacing touch points, and ensure handoffs between teams are accounted for.
- Ensure requirements/design and environments are established to support interfacing touch points. Utilizes critical thinking skills to foresee technical and environment issues early on in the project.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Technical discipline
- PMP desired
- Generally requires 11+ years related experience
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Agile support tools
- Understanding of and practical experience with software development lifecycles, including functional and technical specifications, implementation, QA processes, deployment and maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, meeting facilitation, organizational and time management skills required
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
- Demonstrated experience as a self-starter who is capable of driving success by collaborating and influencing in a matrixed organization
- Ability to juggle competing priorities across multiple functional teams and programs
- This position will be located at Comcast’s offices in Denver, CO.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Functions as a Technical Project Manager assigned to manage complex technical workstreams or multi-workstream, cross-functional technology projects. Includes development & test phases as well as facilitation of trials and deployment planning if required and requires balancing of customer, employee and stakeholder needs while providing clear objectives to help teams prioritize work.
- Provides project management support including but not limited to; project plan development, issue investigation, development of risk and mitigation plans, creative problem solving, appropriate escalations, budget management, communications and coordination with internal and external resources/teams.
- Communicates with development teams, operations, product and stakeholders as required and develops strong relationships with technical teams and work stream owners. Targets communications to the audience and presents effectively to groups.
- Uses project management tools and methodologies including Agile/Scrum to manage the project and align key resources to common definitions and milestones.
Share this job with a friend (or yourself!)
Read Full Description