United States - Delaware - Wilmington
Option to Work Remote
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated Digital/Web Software Engineer to help build the Agilent's next generation customer experience solutions with focus on web and mobile experiences, content delivery, commerce and other digital technologies. This includes designing architectures, solutions, and providing guidance and sharing to the technical team while working closely with other IT, suppliers, and business partners. This lead role drives technical decisions, reviews, and is accountable for technical solutions while ensuring the solutions meet IT architectural best practice, compliance, security and business requirements.
In this position you will perform development, functional reviews, technical design review, oversee projects implementation from start to finish. Technical concept knowledge includes CMS, ecommerce solutions, search platforms, performance, and development toolsets. You will work closely with IT project managers, architects, suppliers, and business partners to ensure any proposed solutions follow industry best practices.
Key accountabilities include:
- Provide technical leadership in the delivery of projects small to large for Digital Solutions
- Review and provide solution design for all boundary system integrations (ex: web services/service bus/microservices/API)
- Work closely and be in alignment with IT Web architect(s) and business team
- Drive and address any critical production issues which have been escalated to the project team
- Provide recommendation for web site optimization/tuning. Lead performance enhancement initiates
- Drive and perform products/new technologies/solutions proof of concept and evaluation
- Manage vendors and lead key technical decisions
- Be part of the development team to build product capability
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent plus minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of AngularJS Framework professional experience
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, Node.js.
- Experience with libraries like Bootstrap
- Knowledge of SSO Protocols: SAML, OAUTH/JWT Tokens
- Experience with response web development and cross-browser and cross-platform issues
- Ability to translate requirements into detailed design and solution documents
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and program complex application stack
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team-facilitation skills
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work well with global team members/suppliers
- Commitment to software practices of continuous Integration, automated/repeatable testing, and collaborative work environments.
The following are a plus:
Read Full Description
- Familiarity with DevOps tools, Docker, GIT, BitBucket, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation, Jenkins,
- Cloud and serverless architectures
- AWS services - EC2, ELB, S3, Cloudfront, Lambda, API Gateway, route 53