GM is currently seeking a Supplemental On-Call (SOC) Production Supervisor/Group Leader for our Lockport, NY plant. SOC Group Leaders are hourly part-time employees that are required to work a flexible work schedule which includes all three shifts, and weekends (hours not to exceed 36/week). Supplemental employees are not eligible for the GM Benefits Program; however, they are paid a highly competitive rate of pay. This role is not eligible for relocation.
This role is responsible for supervising a medium to large group of employees involved in plant production operations. Work is generally of a technical nature with the ability to make decisions within the limits of general standards and practices. Some direct guidance received from supervisor.
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material, and equipment
- Meets production cost schedule and maintains quality requirements
- Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
- Implements divisional and corporate policies
- Implements safety and good housekeeping standards
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group
- Keeps management informed of developments as they occur
- Maintains corporate and unit management control systems.
- Maintains department records
Minimum Required Skills and Experience·
- Minimum 1+ years of experience
- Experience supervising employees in a union & manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedure
- Knowledge of scheduling and other management systems
- High level analytical ability, problem solving and continuous improvement skills to solve complex problems
- High level interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization, motivate employees and elicit work output
- Knowledge of quality control procedures
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule which includes all three shifts and weekends
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Problem solving / continuous improvement skills
- High level oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic technology of area where assigned
Education and Training
- 4-year college degree (preferred)
- Experience supervising employees in a union environment
- Experience supervising employees in a manufacturing environment
Aug 16, 2019, 2:03:46 PM - Sep 16, 2019, 3:59:00 AM
Read Full Description