Moog Aircraft Group is looking for a Design / Project Engineer to join our Engineering team. In this role, you’ll be a primary contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development, and testing of complex control test equipment used on military, and commercial aircraft components. You will utilize your design background, and combine that with outstanding leadership skills to help move these projects from design through development and testing. This position is located in Torrance, CA.
Moog Aircraft Group is the leader of advanced flight controls for commercial and military aircraft. We are positioned on virtually every aircraft in the marketplace. We specialize in Primary Flight Control, Secondary Flight Control, High Lift Control, Weapons Bay Door Drive and Active Vibration Control. Moog Aircraft Group is a sector of Moog (NYSE:MOG-A). Headquartered in East Aurora, NY, we employ over 11,500 employees in 28 countries. While we are most known for our products that are the best in the industry, what’s unique about Moog is our culture of trust and mutual respect that allows for personal initiative, autonomy and excellence. We invite you to become part of our continued success.
- Conceptualize and design automatically controlled mechanical/hydraulic test rigs.
- Create reliable designs through a comprehensive experimental development test program.
- Operate either independently or as part of a design/development team, which includes other Department engineers
- Contribute to the preparation of successful proposal designs, cost estimates, and technical write-ups.
- Build a project plan for the successful testing of new products from start to finish.
- Be concerned with system or component performance and integration, both being achieved within budget and prescribed schedules
- Coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, designers, analysts, manufacturing engineers and others who assist in specific assignments
- Communicate with the involved Division support personnel, keeping them informed of progress and educating them on the operation and performance of the design
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited institution in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of Design Engineering experience
- Due to federal contract obligations, must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Engineering experience in the Aerospace industry
- Experience with the design and development of electro-hydraulic, electromechanical, or electro-pneumatic servo-mechanisms
- A proven record of successful development programs working as a part of a project team
- Experience in the areas of Requirements Definition, Integration, V&V, modeling & simulation with project management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
At Moog we work in an environment where people trust, respect and encourage one another. We believe in our people, and it shows in everything we do.
EOE/AA Minority/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Female/Disability/Veteran
Read Full Description