Staff in this role supervise the Pharmacy Technician teams, handling escalated issues and ensuring the team meets compliance, productivity, and quality goals and timeliness required for Medicare and commercial accounts.
- Coordinate, supervise and is accountable for the daily activities of Pharm. Techs working with the clinical team(s) and business support; impact of work is most often at the team level working with the teams on a daily basis either to supervise or substitute for team members
- Process prescriptions or prior authorization cases through online systems
- Demonstrate proficiency in navigating basic computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Office software) and initiative in learning complex systems
- Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion
- Coordinate work activities with other supervisors
- Create work schedules for technician teams
- Create annual individual reviews and annual goal planning for self and team members
- Develop plans to meet short-term objectives
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures, and business plan
- Please note that an English proficiency assessment will be required for this position***
- Valid, unrestricted Puerto Rico Pharmacy Technician license or National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB)
- 1+ year experience directly supervising individual contributors, preferably licensed Pharmacy Technicians
- 1+ year experience providing customer service and working with healthcare professionals
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed. (7am-11pm AST)
- Professional proficiency in both English and Spanish. Please note that an English proficiency assessment will be required for this position
- Pharmacy related experience (includes retail pharmacy experience, call center and or PBM experience)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pharm Techs, Pharmacy Technician, Licensed Pharm Tech, San Juan, PR
Read Full Description