About the company:
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team (PT) is an industry-leading third-party logistics (3PL) company with over 30 years of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. PT has 12 domestic hubs strategically located near major ports, interstate highways and intermodal rail lines allowing us to provide the retail and manufacturing industries with flexible B2B and B2C solutions for the movement, handling and distribution of goods. We believe that it is our talented team of professionals who help us stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us! At a time when many companies are cutting back and losing their valuable resources, Performance Team is growing full force! Join the team that is outperforming the rest, and make a difference.
Performance Team is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance Team will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements
Summary: Oversees a maintenance team in several facilities, while being responsible for the day-to-day upkeep in the facilities.
- This position is Regional, and can be based in any of our New Jersey locations including Edison, Avenel, Robbinsville, or Cranbury***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing building maintenance and facility needs for multiple locations.
- Handles emergency calls for repairs.
- Orders material for maintenance requests as needed.
- Has knowledge of basic electrical principles as they apply to such things as AC-DC circuitry and hardware, relays, switches and circuit breakers.
- Sets work schedules for the facilities maintenance personnel.
- Dedicated to ensuring a safe working environment for all personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring that all maintenance department staff follow safety procedures established to avoid injuries to self and others such as lock out devices, protective clothing, and waste disposal techniques.
- Ability to prepare progress reports/status updates and effectively communicate to operational leaders, written and oral.
- Conduct facility walk through on a regular basis at all locations to identify areas where maintenance is required.
- Completes records and reports as required.
- Responsible for maintaining electrical equipment in good operating condition at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring that the maintenance staff is providing excellence in customer service at all times to all internal and external customer.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are enforced.
- Plan and manage short term and long term projects.
- Respond immediately to emergency maintenance request in the building.
- Repair leaky faucets, toilets, dispensers and snake clogged plumbing when necessary.
- Wall cleaning, painting, plaster and drywall when necessary.
- Repair and replace doors and windows when necessary.
- Operate and maintain a variety of mechanical tools and equipment such as power saws, power sanders, drills, air compressors, paint sprayers, and various hand tools required for carpentry, plumbing, and maintenance skills.
- Position is full-time and on-site.
Directly supervises 5-8 employees in the maintenance field. Actively involved in the interviewing process for new Facilities employees.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred from four-year college or university
- Four years related experience and/or training
- Bilingual in Spanish is helpful, but not required
- Experience with conveyor systems would be a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Electrical Certification preferred
Read Full Description