The Zoopla marketing team are looking for a seasoned design practitioner to join our growing team. This Design Lead/Director role will lead the creative output across all marketing from Zoopla, with consideration to both our Consumer and Commercial audiences.
They will be critical to the development and application of the Zoopla design system, taking our look, feel and voice to new places, and bringing this to life across all of our communication activities and brand touchpoints.
Reporting into the Head of Consumer Marketing, this role requires a person who is both visionary and practical. They will be adept at translating our marketing and brand strategy into inspiring creative and useable design guidance, with a strong holistic understanding of the many digital channels, platforms and devices we work across.
Passionate about change, this person will be at their best leading an organisation and its brand(s) through a process of creative transformation. We are excited to create this new role, which will be instrumental in shaping the next chapter of Zoopla.
- Build and manage the internal design team in Marketing to improve the quality of our communications and consistency of our creative output
- Coach and develop other members of the team to develop and improve their design skills, create a culture of ongoing improvement and appreciation for design quality amongst the wider department
- Help create a more contemporary, compelling and characterful design language for Zoopla
- Own the application of this across all of our marketing channels and brand touchpoints
- Partner with our UI and UX designers in Product, to design a more cohesive and characterful end to end Zoopla experience, easily understood and more engaging for our consumers regardless of where their journey starts
- Brief and direct our agency partners and their design teams where relevant, whether it be on campaigns, always on marketing activity and/or key internal projects
- Integrate user profiles, insights and personas to our creative process to make sure our design resonates with our target audience
- Put the right working practices in place for art direction and sign off where applicable
- Manage our design elements, style guides and libraries in a contemporary way, making them easily accessible and applicable by cross-functional teams
Read Full Description
- Previous experience working in senior design roles either in business or at an agency
- Passionate about the role of creativity and design thinking in business, proven leadership of design teams with a track record of impact
- Track record of guiding internal teams and supporting the development and learning of individuals
- Ability to manage and inspire stakeholders across multiple disciplines within Marketing and Product departments across the business
- Strong expertise in brand design and understanding of how to translate into impactful marketing activation
- Experience in/or working for technology companies and digitally native businesses
- Expert in Adobe creative suite (In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- A specialist skill in illustration, motion design, film or 3D is a bonus but not essential.
- Exceptional attention to detail and craft
- 25 days annual leave
- Birthday and house move days off
- Private health and dental
- Gym on site in London – or membership in regional offices
- Up to 7.5% pension contribution by the company
- Free breakfast and afternoon snacks
- Friday evening drinks
- Discretionary annual bonus up to 10% of base salary
- Training and development programs
- Talent referral bonus up to £5K
- In house massage / nail treatments available