TourRadar is a venture-backed marketplace disrupting a $50 billion industry. Revolutionizing how multi-day tours are compared and purchased, we provide travellers with a trusted online marketplace to find and book life-enriching experiences worldwide. Traditionally, these types of experiences have been predominantly serviced offline by brick and mortar travel agents, but we recognize that it's time to move this industry online and capture global market share through digital reach. With over 40 different nationalities in our team and offices spread across Europe, North America and Australia, we work to deliver the best possible service and tour booking experience to our customers. Launched in 2010, we proudly produce everything in-house thanks to our exceptional internal talent and are now looking to scale our team.
We are looking to grow our team in the US with an ambitious US Marketing Director . The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the demand out of the USA for our global tour offerings, further developing our brand presence and ultimately achieving our regional revenue targets via proven and new marketing channels.
The US Marketing Director will report directly to the Country Director and work closely alongside our CMO and the rest of the marketing team. The ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding and prior experience in brand marketing of both the American customer and touring industry. They will pair their exceptional industry knowledge with broad and thorough experience in digital marketing, including its creative process and the analysis and distribution of marketing spend. The role also requires excellent communication skills as well as an analytical and growth-driven mindset.
This full-time position is based in the US with an initial on-boarding period of 2-3 months in our Vienna and Toronto offices.
- Planning, organizing, localizing and executing revenue and brand-building campaigns in order to hit regional revenue targets
- Managing the regional marketing budget including both online and offline as well as partner marketing budgets (excl SEM and Paid Social budgets)
- Closely align, monitor and advise regional SEM and Paid Social efforts, which are managed in HQ in Vienna, Austria
- Developing a strategic annual marketing plan and detailed Quarterly Marketing Plans for the region
- Developing and implementing high performing demand generation activities based on annual and quarterly regional marketing plans
- Interpreting global sales and marketing strategies and translating that into marketing initiatives that drive results throughout the funnel
- Working with BI and sales functions to define high potential market segments and market opportunities within those segments
- Identifying customer needs, shortcomings and opportunities to improve our product offering, website communication/functionality and marketing automation (you will work closely across all teams to execute on the solutions for your findings)
- Taking ownership of regional communication tools such as social media accounts and email communication
- Ensuring that partner marketing funds are in alignment with our overall objectives and regional strategies
- After proving your skills in execution and hitting targets, you will hire and manage a team of local marketers (1-2 by the end of the year) to further grow the US market
This role is filled with opportunity to grow conversion rates and take the lead on growth campaigns in your region. You will have the ability to apply your knowledge in all areas of Online Marketing including A/B testing, SEO, CRM, Marketing automation, EDM, Social Media, Sweepstakes, Performance Marketing (SEM and Social), Video, Usability & Design, Growth Hacking, Affiliate and Referral Marketing.
- Min 5 years experience in an Online Marketing role with a focus on Branding; preference given to previous experience in touring/travel, e-commerce and entrepreneurial environments
- Min 3 years experience in growing and managing a team of marketers
- Strong understanding and ability to make sense of Business data, analytics and reports.
- Preference is given to candidates with prior experience building brands and working in or with a strong Public Relations team
- Ability to take the lead on growth ideas & campaigns and drive them to success
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with team members across the globe
- Exceptional grammar, communication and writing skills across all forms of media
- Ability to multitask and handle a number of projects at once
- Ability to make last minute, quick decisions
- Native English speaker or equivalent
- Must possess a driver’s license in good standing
- Enjoy challenging work, passionate for tourism, travel and e-commerce
Perks & Benefits:
- Progress: The excitement & stability of working for a rapidly scaling, Series C funded startup, including Silicon Valley investors.
- Ownership & Impact: An environment where individual ownership of your career goals & projects means you can directly grow the TourRadar business. The opportunity to grow personally & professionally is limitless, for those willing to work hard.
- Free Travel: Generous travel credits are provided to experience multi-day tours around the world, updated annually to keep you travelling. International Office-Exchange is also a possibility to work & learn from your colleagues in TourRadar offices in Toronto, Vienna or Brisbane.
- Diversity: An international work environment, with English as the official working language, but many more overheard in the hallways!
- Regular team outings: Team nights at least once a month, with different themes and activities to keep us connected. Team members often spontaneously organize events and trips together in- and outside the city, from skiing, to pasta making, rock climbing, wine tasting and more.
- Health Benefits: Insurance coverage is offered for medical, vision, dental and specialty services (massage therapy, chiropractor, etc.) after the 3 month probation period is met.
More on Life At TourRadar
Read Full Description