As a part of TIAA’s Financial Solutions business, TIAA Bank, a division of TIAA, FSB, provides full-service, nationwide banking and lending services to consumer, commercial and institutional clients through a variety of channels, including online, its Florida-based financial centers and at other business offices throughout the country.
The CRA Relationship Manager is responsible for identifying, soliciting, developing, managing, and expanding non-profit, for-profit, and governmental community development relationship within the Bank’s state wide CRA Assessment areas. This role will work closely with the Bank CRA Officer to achieve CRA mortgage lending goals and meet annual targets and provide loan, deposit, and community services to these organizations to help fulfill the Bank’s CRA requirements.
- Meet established lending targets for CRA mortgage loans to low and moderate income (LMI) borrowers and geographies
- Solicit CRA deposit, investment (grants) and service activities within the Banks CRA Assessment Areas
- Provide banking solutions to emerging multicultural segments of the community
- Participate in select down payment assistance (DPA) programs for low-to-moderate income homebuyers
- Establish a strong presence for TIAA Bank in the assigned territory by developing relationships with realtors and community development groups working with low-and-moderate income housing programs
- Attend and teach homebuyer education seminars, trade shows, and other financial education activities to raise consumer awareness of TIAA Bank loan products and services
- Encourage Bank participation and support of charitable and non-profit service opportunities and helps insure participation is documented
- Demonstrate and maintain an excellent working knowledge of CRA laws and regulations, Affordable Housing Programs, and Federal Home Loan Bank Programs
- Represent the Bank in the community by participating in civic affairs and local and professional organizations to identify and develop new relationships and to enhance the Bank’s image
- Develop, organize, and conduct educational efforts on homebuyer education, foreclosure prevention, and financial literacy for individuals, families, CDCs, and community based entities
- Assess the Bank’s CRA mortgage lending results and collaborates with CRA Officer to recommended changes in Bank products and services to enhance achieving CRA results
- Engage employees in company-wide in opportunities for community development services with nonprofit organizations
- Serve on community nonprofit organization board/advisory committees and locate board membership opportunities other Bank staff as available
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Down Payment Assistance Programs including low and moderate-income housing programs available throughout the State of Florida
- Proven ability to self-source new clients and prospects through market penetration, referral, and community contacts
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license issued within the United States, insurance, and a driving record within TIAA, FSB’s Vehicle Policy guidelines
- 5 years of experience in originating CRA qualified mortgage loans
- Must be S.A.F.E. Act registered through NMLS or become S.A.F.E. Act registered upon hire.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Sales management experience
- Working knowledge of the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) or Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) including processing, closing, funding and reporting of home mortgage loans.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Read Full Description