Position Purpose & Summary
Cargill Business Services (CBS) is a multi-function center of Cargill Inc, one of the world’s biggest privately held organizations that clocked revenues of $120+ billion. The center provides high-quality, efficient back-end services across IT, HR, Finance, Transport & Logistics, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement and Trade Execution with 5,500 employees. Please visit www.cargill.com for more details.
CBS is a global organization that envisages the accelerated use of shared services. Its purpose is to bring a smarter, more efficient approach to how we provide shared services to Cargill. That way business units and functions can focus on what they do best. These services are delivered in 6 Centers based in Bangalore (India), Sofia (Bulgaria), Nanjing (China), San Jose (Costa Rica), Uberlandia (Brazil) and Rosario (Argentina).
This role is responsible for the oversight of day-to-day operations of the end-to-end Record to Report process. It provides a unique strategic and tactical opportunity to be part of a cultural shift in Cargill’s organizational, operational and stakeholder model in the shared services space.
The position requires substantial knowledge of the end-to-end [Record to Report], the ability to lead and develop a team, overseeing decision-making and problem solving, influence and drive change together with stakeholders, monitor and review KPIs and metrics, and lead specific projects to drive efficiency. It provides a unique strategic and tactical opportunity to be part of a cultural shift in Cargill’s organizational, operational and stakeholder model in the shared services space.
This role will report into the CBS Finance RTR Senior Team Manager.
20% People Management:
- Build an engaged, high performing team and foster an inclusive environment
- Accountable for performance management (quarterly feedback and mid/end year review), talent development and succession planning.
- Provide coaching/mentoring and train employees on Cargill’s Leadership Expectations (CLE) behaviors and safety.
10% Stakeholder Management:
- Build robust, credible business relationships with key partners and stakeholders as per engagement framework principles
- Influence and manage stakeholders through the engagement framework providing proper feedback loops in a timely manner
- Work closely with the A&R Domain Leads and direct reports as per the cluster/country to strengthen the ways of working.
60% Manage Operational Performance:
- Directly manage an operational RTR team delivering accounting and financial reporting services
- Monitor operations performance on agreed upon key performance metrics. Implement appropriate action plans where needed.
- Focus on driving quality with a view towards robust performance management, stakeholder feedback and active metrics management (Lag/Lead Measures)
- Leverage business and accounting principles/practices, review and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Support an internal control environment (control framework) within CBS Finance, including risk mitigation, and the total compliance of all of its operations and services according to internal and external regulations.
- To ensure smooth migrations identify potential process risks, establish mitigation/control plans, and monitor the impact.
- Lead through transitions and increase organizational performance – driving and embedding many competing initiatives
10% Drive Process Improvement Strategy:
- Build a culture of continuous improvement and operations excellence.
- Partner and align with the GPO process strategy by closely working with the RTR STM, RTR Process Architects and Regional A&R PI Lead.
- Drive and support efforts aimed at (over)achieving metrics. Measure and monitor performance via consistent processes. Help to monitor and communicate Finance operational results in a timely and effective manner.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Fully or Part Qualified Chartered Accountant / Cost Accountant (CMA) with relevant experience.
- 5+ years of accounting experience in finance operations work with deep expertise in Record to Report and related processes
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams and highly adept at building resiliency within them
- A Continuous Improvement mindset
- Change agility: defends the necessary changes in the organization and helps others prepare for the impact and acceptance of such necessary changes. Progresses productively under conditions of change and ambiguity
- Possess a strong customer service acumen and proven influencing skills
- Self-starter with strong analytical, problem solving skills and initiative to achieve desired outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Master’s in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Managed stakeholders in regions and global environment with extensive experience working in a diversified industry environment.
- Experience working in a FMCG, core industry.
- Managed over 50+ people across the full spectrum of Finance and Accounting with a strong bent towards Record to Report.
- Ability to work across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Cargill Business Services
Neli Georgieva Kovacheva Supervisor I BSV_BSO_M_2 - Business Service Operations Supervisor Jul 31, 2019 In the country of posted position
Read Full Description