The technical Lead will report to the platform manager and will work with architects, business analysts and designers/developers to deliver a modernized core charges application on the cloud.
What the Business Does
The charges platform is a set of key applications in Core banking for Retail, Business and corporate customers in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. The platform deals with the maintenance of tariff, calculation and application of charges.
- Leads the approach for the technical solution that aligns with the architecture blueprint & vision
- Supports selection of third party product which meets the functional & architectural requirements
- Supports defining the technical strategy and advises on product roadmaps and migration plans to achieve strategic goals, specifically looking at migrating legacy application to cloud
- Leads POCs on various services/options in Cloud to meet the current & future use cases of existing application
- Helps deliver software and APIs that meet the need for greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments
- Helps software components to enable the delivery of bank platforms, applications and services, specifically looking at designing and creating cloud based APIS/services which can be reused widely in bank
- Liaises with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives, requirements and options. Leads solution design options and is able to explain the pros and cons to key stakeholders for appropriate decision making
- Drives the adoption of software engineering principles, processes and best practices. Responsible for work quality of the software engineering team, ensuring it meets the technical standards for all services output
- Monitors the technical progress against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance and providing updates to stakeholders
- Supports and mentors the team in understanding of new technologies, software languages and technical domains relevant to the areas
- Be a thorough expert and be hands-on in Design and development of modern digital applications aligned with RBS’s enterprise architecture
Skills you need
- Engineering graduate with 7+ years of experience in Java & Services / API design
- Cross platform services development & integration experience SOAP, REST, JSON, WSDL, XML, DTD, XSD etc.
- Experience in integration with IBM Information broker & appliances
- Experience in Data Integration and ETL frameworks
- Experience in near real time integration with MQ and Kafka
- Exposure to NoSQL databases
- Exposure to Cloud Compute, Storage, Network, Access, encryption, Scalability and costing, CI/CD, Queue, Cloud formation, cloud watch ..etc
- An ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions.
- Proven experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery tools like JIRA, Git/Stash, Teamcity, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.
- Demonstrable experience of test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking/stubbing and unit testing tools for e.g. Junit/TestNG, , Selenium etc. and Test Driven development
- Exposure to Python, Big Data Hadoop and Data science is desirable
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.
Read Full Description