NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- Develop, own, and execute global product vision and roadmap for both standalone point products, as well as products that are part of NCR integrated solutions, ensuring alignment with industry division’s solution and portfolio strategy
- Drive global product development from ideation to launch and oversee product lifecycle management, including in-market management, versioning (i.e., upgrades or enhancements), and end-of-life execution
- Develop and present rigorous business cases for products to division’s Industry Strategy Board
- Work closely with Solution Management for products that are components of NCR integrated NCR solutions to ensure portfolio and roadmap alignment
- Establish and maintain product pricing strategy and guidelines, in coordination with Solution Management, marketing and sales
- Work with Product Marketing to develop revenue and client adoption plans that are aligned with those used by Sales in target setting
- Work closely with software, hardware, and services engineering organizations to ensure coordinated product development, as well as deployment readiness
- Track and maintain accountability for gross / contribution margin targets, as well as key performance metrics
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Formal education level: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Training: Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Specific skills & proficiency level:
- Industry and Technical Expertise: Possesses a strong understanding of the Payments Industry, including electronic transaction processing technologies, financial institutions, or networks; An understanding of Hospitality, Grocery, Retail or eCommerce industries are very desirable. Possesses strong understanding of industry and technology trends, customers, and markets to inform product strategy and roadmap. Possesses the technical knowledge required to translate customer needs and product requirements to engineering.
- Product and Market Understanding: Possesses strong understanding of product market, as well as competitive product landscape. Studies product trends and applies findings to effectively sustain existing product portfolio and lead new product development.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated experience running a business, including high financial literacy (e.g., business case development, P&L ownership, managing cost / feature trade-offs). Possesses strong understanding of pricing strategies and how to create effective strategies to grow NCR’s solutions business.
- End-to-End Ownership and Work Management: Able to take end-to-end ownership of complex projects and processes, delivering against roadmap effectively, on-time, and at high levels of quality.
- Adaptability: Comfortability working in matrixed and distributed organizational structure. Able to navigate complexity and unforeseen roadblocks, recognizing when course correction is required, and adjust accordingly. Experienced in managing resource, financial, and timeline trade-offs and setting priorities.
- Communication / Presentation: Superior presentation and public speaking skills. Ability to persuade others and negotiate to reach agreement. Ability to effectively communicate a product’s value proposition to executives and internal / external stakeholders.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Description