Senior Systems Business Analyst (IT PMO)
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as a Senior Systems Business Analyst!
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Systems Business Analyst to join our IT PMO group.
The Systems Business Analyst, Sr. acts as a liaison between the IT Finance group and their stakeholders across Systems, Controllers and lines of business. This individual is responsible for:
- Analysis, design, and reporting required to support PIP priorities
- Collaboration with Clarity and Cost Accounting teams to identify and implement automation opportunities
- Design and implementation of data and reporting solutions for PM Optimization
In addition, the Systems Business Analyst, Sr. will perform the analysis required to respond to Systems Executive inquiries and compile the results in executive friendly presentations. The individual in this role will:
- Help evolve IT Finance tracking and reporting
- Mature portfolio and product monitoring, and
- Have exposure to senior leaders across systems and business organizations
Some of your key responsibilities include:
Planning and Organization
- Translate ad hoc questions from Systems Executives into data analysis and reporting to present concepts/recommendations in effective visual images and reports for both business and technical audiences.
- Develop clear, concise methodology documents, which require proficiency in interviewing skills, workflow analysis, data-flow diagramming, report design, etc.
- Review and assist in development of project plans, project workflows and resource assignments as requested by manager.
- Facilitate the definition of functional requirements by working with tool SMEs, report developers and users in prototyping and design sessions.
- Identify and recommend expanded use of Broadcom PPM (Clarity) tool usage to optimize resource utilization and project delivery.
- Implement/maintain project monitoring processes and reporting
- Identify, mediate, resolve and eliminate miscommunications between IT Finance and their stakeholders
- Coordinate production Change Requests related to Broadcom PPM enhancements
- Define and document functional and technical integration requirements for IT Finance capabilities/tools including Broadcom PPM and Basware Invoice module
- Review and improve a Program governance framework to provide project statuses, metrics and overall financial performance
- Develop and execute communication strategies including training/awareness to the enterprise-wide user community related to IT Finance best practices that drive budget, actual and forecast reporting
- Assist in prioritization activities by analyzing and documenting current state to support recommendations to senior business and systems leaders
Coaching & Development
- Provide training and coaching to IT Finance teams to follow new workflows/procedures
- Work with Systems Communications to develop announcements and training across Systems to educate users on process changes and best practices
- BA/BS degree and/or related work experience
- 5+ years of experience in as a business systems analyst, preferably at a financial services company
- 2+ years of experience with project work and project planning, as well as project management software
- Proficiency with budget planning and financial reporting/administration
- Familiarity with database, query and report design
- Familiarity with project management and administration practices
- Ability to create presentations using software such as Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to use MS Office desktop tools effectively
- Ability to analyze current workflows and identify opportunities for improvement
- Skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Experience with Broadcom PPM (Clarity) preferred
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Read Full Description