Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour!
Shipt is growing, and we are searching for a full-time Business Development Manager to join our CPG team! You will help lead the next phase of growth for the company by growing Shipt’s business with our Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) partner brands and manufacturers. You’ll be responsible for prospecting and closing new business while delivering on the strategy that you also help to create. If you are looking to join a rapidly growing company in an industry experiencing tremendous change while also helping make people’s lives easier, please apply!
- Gain a deep understanding of the evolving landscape of the CPG eCommerce industry
- Serve as a trusted advisor to prospective partners
- Prospect brands and make the right connections across all levels of their organization
- Develop and present tailored strategies for prospective partners
- Be a creative problem solver, and show the ability to inform and persuade appropriately
- Negotiate & sign new CPG partnerships
- Drive revenue growth by finding and managing business in an autonomous sales environment
- Work cross-functionally with Partner Brand Success, SMEs, Partner Analytics, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Legal and Finance teams to ensure successful CPG partnerships
- Provide feedback from the field back to the broader CPG team for visibility and consideration
- Contribute new ideas to help improve and refine Shipt’s CPG offerings
- Passion for technology, and the change that is taking place in the industry
- Experience with sales hunting, prospecting, negotiating
- Ability to assess the right business opportunities, make the right connections, and close deals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to influence senior level decision makers
- Ability to leverage data to inform others, and make business decisions
- Experience in the on-demand industry, retail, eCommerce, CPG or start-up space is a plus!
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in a related field
- 5-7 Years of applicable sales experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Description