primary role will be a Field Services Mid-Level Network Technician
servicing a large scale Enterprise network. You will be part of a Team
of Network Technicians and Engineers. This network includes Cisco,
Aruba, Brocade, Juniper, Riverbed and McAfee network devices to include
Routers, Switches, Access Points, Intrusion Prevention
Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and WAN Accelerators.
- As a Mid-Level Technician you will be expected to install and maintain network devices at the site and work with the NOC technicians and Managers to troubleshoot outages and resolve network related issues.
- You will be responsible to create tickets for maintenance using HPE Service Manager.
- Candidates will be expected to understand, implement, and follow processes in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Perform escalation and additional tasks as directed.
- Take Direction from the Regional Leader and Site Leaders
Experience and Skills:
- The successful
- candidate will be an innovative technical professional, customer service
- oriented, and knowledgeable engineer in the field of Ethernet and IP
- data engineering with 4 plus years’ experience as a Network Technician.-
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage
- the execution of maintenance activities and network outages.
- Fundamental understanding of the OSI Model is required.
- Experience must include operational support, and configuration of
- network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software
- tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is a Plus. Knowledge and experience working with
- wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WAN Accelerators and
- associated technologies is highly desirable.
- You will be part of a Team of Network Technicians and Engineers.
- Some Travel will be required
A Background Information Technology field or a related technology field
is highly desirable. Other evidence of intellectual, technical,
business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences
will be considered. Cisco CCNA and Security+ required. ITIL foundation
V3 certification is highly desirable.
The ideal candidate
will have a passion for excellence and continual improvement, combined
with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong written and oral communication
skills, strong interpersonal skills, innovative thinking in a
ever-changing environment. Strong customer service and communication is
necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and network reliability. A
good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in severs and Cisco
devices are a Plus.
Ability to lift up to 50lbs is required.
Must be a US Citizen and possess Secret Clearance
Read Full Description