The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs Engineering Group is experiencing exciting growth within its established California transportation practice and is seeking to hire its Southern California Highway Practice Leader with a proven track record of working and delivering projects for Greater Los Angeles highway/transportation clients such as LA Metro, Caltrans and OCTA.
Our successful candidate will be responsible for the following;
- Selling the services of Jacobs as a Senior Project Manager. Key focus areas in SoCal are LA, OC, Inland Empire and San Diego. Ideal candidate should have client and consultant relationships, experience and expertise in these geographic areas and be able to sell as a lead PM based on recent experience.
- Working closely with Client Account Managers in the pursuit of new opportunities.
- Initiates and reviews proposals and sales activities. Leads, participates in interviews and presentations.
- Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients
- Develops and Mentors Junior Project Managers and Project Engineers.
- Directs and coordinates activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Performs work involving the preparation of roadway, highway, and bridge design using local (State, County or City) or AASHTO standards at both conceptual and final design levels.
- Typical duties are likely to include the following: Coordination with all complimentary disciplines (roadway, drainage, structural, traffic, public involvement and environmental), technical preparation and supervision of roadway and planning design tasks, perform plan quality reviews, participate in value engineering studies.
- Responsible for the quality of civil engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff assigned on projects, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for highway/bridge engineering projects.
- Full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project; scope, schedule, design, quality, staff etc. Demonstrated ability to lead and manage all phases of a project
- Represents Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings relative to assigned projects.
- Supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
- Reviews plans, prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Assures that project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
- Must complete within 12 months of hire the Jacobs’s Project Management Certification program
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- License as a Professional Engineer in California is required.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressive highway/roadway and bridge consultant or public agency design experience is required
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive Project Management experience is preferred.
- Experience working in and leading large multi-disciplinary teams required
- Experience managing projects with LA Metro and Caltrans
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.Primary Location
Jul 1, 2019, 7:37:39 AM
Read Full Description