Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $1B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised $83M to date, is based in Oakland with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
The Utilities Coordinator is the primary point of contact for resident requests and inquiries ensuring prompt response and high customer satisfaction. This position also serves an administrative function for the portfolio management team with outbound resident communication and follow up. This role will be part of the centralized Resident Services Team and report to the Resident Services Coordinator located in Dallas. This is an in-office position at our central office in Dallas with limited to no field work requirements.
What you will do:
- Serve as primary point of contact for resident inquiries, addressing specific questions, and directing residents to proper channels for efficient management of resolution
- Resolve system or service questions by clarifying resident request, determine and execute best practice resolution on case-by-case basis, and follow up with appropriate department to confirm completion
- Perform other duties / projects as assigned by Resident Services Coordinator
- Complete and update information in relevant systems (Yardi, Salesforce, etc.)
- Demonstrate superior customer service
- Weekend scheduling /availability required
- Research utility providers for seven territories, in various states
- Request service and submit applications and related information
- Obtain HUD statements, deeds and other related ownership documentation
- Update all pertinent account information and set up online billing access
- Research/Analyze utility bills to identify anomalies and inform necessary parties Utility Accounting
- Address all urgent utility disconnections to restore service for tenants
- Provide daily utility updates to property managers, contractors, and tenants
- Receive and reconcile refund checks received from utility providers
- Assists with monthly preparation of collection letters
- Compile new activation weekly report and send update to 3rd party billing partner.
What you bring with you:
- Completion of High School education
- Customer Service background and experience required
- Call center experience a “plus”
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and perform at a high level of efficiency
- Understanding of lease application process preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle high call volume while maintaining friendly and professional demeanor
- Must be customer service oriented
- Must have knowledge & understanding of basic technology
- Yardi / Salesforce Experience Preferred
- Microsoft Office, Internet and other basic computer skills
What We Offer:
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks
- Company-sponsored outings
- Discounted Gym Memberships
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Read Full Description