Head / Manager of Production IT
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours.
At Deluxe, we work with the following values:
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues’ and clients’ needs and always exceed expectations.
In this role, you will be the Head/Manager of Production IT within the EMEA Technology and Products team in the support of 24x7x365 production operations at Deluxe facilities in the UK. You will also be responsible for ensuring the health and optimum operating capability of the production infrastructures employed at the Deluxe facilities, including ensuring the engineering resources are available to cover all requirements.
You will work closely with all operational departments, attending meetings to develop requirements for workflow or projects, in order to guarantee delivery of client needs via the current production infrastructure. You will be a point of contact for all technical queries relating to the production infrastructure.
As the manager of the Production IT team, your role will require constant engagement and regular cross-departmental involvement, including off-site and conference calls with our colleagues and clients both local and overseas. You will also assist with all relevant developments within these areas of our business.
- Day-to-day Senior level engagement within the Technology and Products team, including 1st line technical support to operational teams, out-of-hours on-call support and delivery of project based tasks associated with the production network.
- Definition and ownership of the production infrastructure designs and associated documentation.
- Close coordination with Production Applications teams to ensure seamless day to day operations of applications stacks across all business service lines.
- Creation and implementation of effective system and device maintenance regimes to minimise downtime and ensure optimum operational efficiency via change management.
- Engagement with multiple production networks (LAN, WAN and MAN).
- Support of multiple volumes of production SAN and NAS systems.
- Support of DMZ, Internal and external Electronic Delivery systems.
- Support of Active Directory and VMware administration.
- Support of data management, backup and archive systems, methodologies and future migration.
- Support of 3rd party support contracts associated with the production network and peripheral devices.
- Support of software licenses associated with the production network and peripheral devices.
- Manage and control installation, configuration and systems documentation with best practice procedures.
- Define policies and review procedures for servers and workstations.
- Participation in the Deluxe Security Council and responsible for security of the Production network.
- To liaise and collaborate with Deluxe Global Production systems teams.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams in future technology developments and drive the successful introduction of new technologies in accordance with business needs.
- Internal and external client liaison as required
- Assist in the development of department Cap ex and Op ex budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure team is resourced to meet service delivery objectives.
- Provide leadership and management of staff, including mentoring and career development.
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts.
- Ensure cross training and documentation is in place to meet service delivery objectives.
- Set and adjust priorities effectively so that objectives are met.
- Coordinate the use of external resources where appropriate or to aid in meeting objectives.
- Assist in candidate searches, interviewing, and selection to fill open positions.
- Manage absence of team, including holiday and sickness.
- Ideally degree level in a related technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience of high-level system administration (Linux, Windows) associated with high-performance Fibre Channel SAN solutions.
- Prior experience of network infrastructure design and administration.
- Network Infrastructure management.
- Working knowledge of VMWare and scripting languages.
- Good understanding of Information and Content Security systems and best practice
- Prior management experience ideal
- SAN methodology and file systems.
- Fibre channel networking and switching fabrics
- Ethernet LAN, MAN, WAN Networking
- NAS Appliances
- Active Directory
- Diagnostic monitoring and administration
- Microsoft Windows 7 - 10
- Windows 2008 – 2016 Server
- RedHat, CentOS Linux
- Mac OSX
Understand or working exposure to some of the following:
Read Full Description
- Electronic Delivery systems (Aspera / Signiant)
- 2D/3D content applications
- Transcoding solutions and workflows
- Renderfarm methodology and workflows
- Python Scripting
- Data management and archiving
- Post production content workflows