Are you a quantitatively trained professional with a naturally curious and innovative mind?
Do you want to be part of a fun and productive Actuarial team located in our awesome downtown Denver office?
This position is responsible for supporting DaVita Medical Group to measure and evaluate risk to determine future opportunity. The core actuarial functions for this team include, reserving, forecasting and identifying trend drivers. Additional responsibilities include management reporting, strategy support, financial data modeling, and other ad hoc projects.
- Gather, analyze and present data in a format appropriate for loss reserving, product development, and other financial analysis. Make recommendations and present data to appropriate personnel.
- Apply expertise and technical support, under the guidance of seasoned associates, in matters related to the successful and financially sound operation of the company’s business to the department’s external and internal customers.
- Develop a library of metrics, methods, processes and reports in support of clinical strategy and development
- Perform root-cause analyses to support leaders in answering the “why’s”
- Research and identify trend drivers
- Collaborate with fellow team members as well as build productive cross-functional relationships within multiple areas of the organization
- Research and Development on various elements of risk, modeling concepts, data evaluation and manipulation
- Participate in the development of new reports and tools for the department.
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, mathematics, or a related field is required.
- Successful completion of one to three SOA examinations required.
- With proper education credentials, no experience is required
- 1+ years of relevant actuarial experience working in the health insurance industry would be a plus but not required!
- Microsoft Excel experience.
- SQL programming knowledge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Read Full Description
- Knowledge of mathematics and statistics with the ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
- Ability to apply the principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, identify trends and draw conclusions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and preferably SQL
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate actuarial concepts and conclusions to non-technical audiences.