If you believe the world needs a healthier, plant-based food system then Califia Farms is the place for you. Join our mission to innovate delicious plant-powered foods that make going dairy-free desirable. We're led by beverage visionary Greg Steltenpohl, crafting, concocting and cold-brewing beautifully bottled goodness. Our name comes from the Spanish legend of warrior Queen Califia, the goddess of bounty and abundance who ruled over the mythical island of California. We make our daily decisions using these six core values: Do, Learn Improve; Act Like an Owner; Challenge the Status Quo; The Bottle is Half Full; We, Not I; and Using our Sixth Sense (being conscious of our impact on others and the planet).
About The Role
Making delicious products that are as good for you as they are the planet takes innovation and ingenuity. Our passionate, mission-driven team is looking for equal-minded communications experts to join our Califia family. As the Senior Communications Manager, you’ll work closely with the marketing team to strategize and implement earned media strategy across online, print and broadcast. You’ll also develop and execute corporate and executive leadership initiatives, internal communications, and will partner closely with our internal and external partners to amplify awareness for all the amazing products and initiatives Califia has to offer. We are building the plant-based food and beverage company of the future; come be part of the journey.
- Media Relations – Candidate must have a strong understanding of the media landscape across broadcast, print and online and deep relationships with a broad spectrum of media contacts in consumer/lifestyle, health/wellness, food/nutrition and business media, as well as trade. Person must not only stay on top of our own media coverage, but that of our competitors. They must be at the forefront of trends happening with consumers, our industry and with media (how and what do they want to be pitched).
- Speaking Engagements – researches, evaluates, submits and manages speaking engagement for company executives; ensuring Califia Farms is present at relevant summits/conferences.
- Strategic Thinking + Problem Solving – Evaluates PR through a mindful lens, and proactively develops and activates strategic recommendations that elevate Califia Farms products and the overarching brand. Confidently presents strategic recommendations to senior leadership team and quickly implements to take advantage of timely opportunities that are on-strategy.
- Strategic Activations – Develops and executes creative and strategic results-driven activations that build relationships and spark earned media stories. Works closely with outside partners and internal experts on digital & social media, sales, etc. to create fully integrated programs where applicable. Candidate must have a strong pulse on consumer trends, research, new studies and insights coming to market in order to drive relevant and timely PR recommendations.
- Influencer Relations – Understands the value of third-party credibility and support, and works well at identifying and securing like-minded, influential brand advocates that have the ability to drive earned media stories, provide third-party credentialing while increasing brand awareness via social media.
- Event + Tradeshow Experience – Helps manage the overall PR strategy and execution for event and tradeshows to leverage and maximize brand and/or executive participation.
- Project Management – Lead teams to drive projects to completion with high quality and speed of execution. Effectively build collaborative relationships with team members and external resources. Manage project timelines, budgets, meeting notes, media coverage, industry news, recaps and updates, and regular cross-functional team meetings.
The ideal candidate is a communications connoisseur with experience with a food or beverage CPG company, preferably in natural and/or premium consumables.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of PR/Communications experience at an Agency or Brand, preferably with a consumer-packaged goods company
- Must have a strong background pitching media across online, print and broadcast. Can bring existing media relationships to the table, understands the changing media landscape, and knows what type of information editors want for stories.
- Strong writing / grammar skills to professionally communicate our story in the form of press releases, pitches, messaging, etc. Strong verbal skills to articulate a strategic point of view.
- Shows a genuine interest and passion for our category and the work that they do.
- Demonstrates a great balance of creativity and strategy to drive the greater brand awareness and generate PR success in both traditional and nontraditional ways. Ability to engage audiences and share our story in a unique and impactful way.
- Flexible and entrepreneurial spirit to run with ideas and take advantage of timely opportunities. Does not get discouraged and can quickly adapt when/if plans suddenly change. Understands the power of real time activity and taking initiative.
- Highly organized to manage multiple deadlines, a variety of deliverables, and ability to accurately maintain databases, update regular reporting, and other related tasks.
- Works well (effectively + positively) with team members and other departments.
Read Full Description