Ryan Companies US, Inc.
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3
Years of Education Required: College degree in architecture, engineering, or related field
Relocation Assistance may be available for the right candidate
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
With nearly 80 years in business and 16 offices nationwide, Ryan offers comprehensive commercial real estate solutions that create the spaces where people thrive. Join a company with an outstanding culture and competitive benefits. Ryan: We build stories.
Ryan has a career opportunity for an individual to join the team of the A+E department in our North Region as a qualified Specifier or architect looking to make specifications a career choice.
Applicant must be able to:
- Use working knowledge of specifying in a collaborative design-build environment to assist with project quality control and quality assurance, assist Architect with product selections and oversee compilation of project manual and coordinate interdisciplinary content on assigned projects.
- Assist in vetting critical building system specifications with product representatives, manufacturer’s technical resources, subcontractors, and Ryan construction teams.
- Demonstrate proficient use of written language using imperative mood and CSI recommended vocabulary and methodologies.
- Demonstrate efficient research and reading skills.
- Extract salient content from voluminous amounts of information and put into easy-to-understand format on time and on budget.
- Accurately apply Owner requirements to project manual.
- Effectively communicate with multiple disciplines, consultants, and construction teams on multiple projects and work remotely with multiple regional offices.
- Use writing style that is clear, concise, complete, correct, and easily understood by all those engaged on project (i.e. Contractor, subcontractors, bidders, manufacturers, Owner, consultants, etc.).
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of construction cost for developing budget-appropriate specifications.
- Understand information communicated on drawings and schedules; coordinate with project manual for consistent representation.
- Edit company master specifications to accurately reflect each project.
- Attend bi-weekly specification check-in with Ryan A+E Director of Specifications.
Educational Background and Experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years in architectural field.
- College degree in architecture, engineering, or related field. Alternatively, applicant must have a vocational school education in architecture, engineering, or construction supplemented with minimum 5 years on-the-job training in construction specifications.
- Member, Construction Specifications Institute.
- CDT certification or within 1 year of employment.
- CCS certification preferred.
- LEED Accredited Professional preferred.
- Experience in Corporate Architecture, Senior Living, Multi-Family, Industrial and Healthcare projects preferred.
- Familiarity with BSD Speclink, Microsoft Word, Excel, Bluebeam, Procore, and company communication tools.
- Passion for technical knowledge, construction products, materials, installation methods and green specifications.
- Demonstrate high degree of organization skills for working on multiple projects with multiple Ryan offices, concurrently.
- understand basic building code, green construction code, and reference standards used in project manual.
Positions require verification of employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Ryan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Description