Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Bushnell has been the industry leader in high-performance sports optics for more than 65 years. Our guiding principle is to provide the highest quality, most reliable and affordable sports optics products on the market. Our commitment to outstanding customer service and strong retailer partnerships is unmatched.
The Distribution Supervisor, manages the processing and shipping of goods within our Distribution Center. Our Distribution Supervisor leads and directs the efforts of the forklift drivers and material handling associates.
- Understands the functional aspects and data management tools of BOSS Warehouse Management System necessary to operate at all levels within area of responsibility.
- Liaison between all shifts
- Ensure all work is done to O.S.H.A. safety standards
- Prepares operations schedules and assign employees to specific duties
- Ensures productivity metrics are met
- Runs multiple departments with adherence to written Standard Operating Procedures
- Prepares critical documents related to inventory/order release processes, including training documents.
- Develops, implements and measures departments performance
- Coordinates “continuous improvement” initiatives.
- Promotes a team environment.
- Supports & implements safety programs.
- Provides individual coaching and counseling as needed
- Hold all employees accountable to operate with a strong focus on safety
- Directly supervises Distribution staff in accordance with company policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include: training associates, planning assigning, and directing work, appraising personnel performance, rewarding\disciplining associates; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
Education and Training:
- College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in production management or a related materials management function.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office, primarily Excel.
- Experience using BOSS or other Warehouse Management System
- Six Sigma Yellow & Green Belt knowledge preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact with variety of personnel in a professional Manor
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills. Displays leadership and team-building skills, self-confidence, motivation, and decisiveness.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and direct the department’s efforts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently within deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must be able to lift to 50lbs.
- Must be able to operate fork lifts at heights of thirty feet.
- Will work in warehouse environment that is not cooled.
- Must be able to stand and walk the entire shift.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Read Full Description