As part of a highly-skilled financial analytics team, you’ll participate in the development of space launch vehicles. We are seeking a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent financial acumen and technical ability that can thrive in a fast-paced environment. This role requires strong attention to detail, a passion for providing business solutions and the desire to envision and create. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Build and maintain tools, analytics and reporting to highlight financial and business performance metrics and other key information identified by business leadership
- Own all aspects of the planning and forecasting tool including architecture, data integrity and end user training.
- Develop and deliver insights to improve and influence decision making with internal leadership
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and Accounting to enhance processes, data collection and FP&A best practices.
- Deliver actionable insights by analyzing financial performance and metrics to achieve company objectives
- Strong knowledge of financial statements and developing management reporting
- Participate in ad hoc data mining, system enhancements and general cross-functional projects as required
- Closely partner with Accounting to maintain fluid communication and knowledge of organizational, structural and process changes that affect financial reporting
- Give voice to the data, talk and train people, ensure they understand what the data represents and how it meets their needs
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other highly analytical field
- 5+ years of delivering timely and accurate financial and business data analyses
- Technical expertise and experience with SQL or MySQL
- Technical expertise and experience with planning and forecasting (Host Analytics preferred)
- Understanding of data structures and architecture
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerPivot, PowerQuery)
- Strong analytics skill set and a high degree of proficiency in data mining
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional knowledge of Excel, charting and dashboarding
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- MBA in Business or Finance or other statistical or data related field
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Read Full Description