Honda of America Mfg., Inc.
Product Hazardous Materials Engineer
What Makes Honda The Best?
Are you an innovator? Honda’s core values are what make our company unique.
- Dreams: The Power of Dreams mentality drives our team to create intelligent products that enhance mobility and increase the joy in people’s lives.
- Joy and Passion: The joy we experience at Honda is fueled by our dreams and passion.
- Challenging Spirit: Honda’s challenging spirit pushes us to set and reach ambitious goals. Honda is voluntarily reducing 50% of carbon dioxide emissions in our products by 2050 and developing technology to reduce the number of collisions to zero by 2040.
- Respect for the individual: This core value pushes our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively on a team.
If your goals and values are at the same speed as Honda’s, we want you to join our team!
About this position:
- Responsible to lead activities with N.A. Plants, Purchasing, Trading, Service, and Design teams to ensure hazardous materials & Recycling product chemical compliance for assigned models and parts. Responsible to coordinate project schedules, progress, and report compliance for regulated markets.
- Coordinate and/or establish New Model Product hazardous materials & Recycling Part Chemical Composition Collection Schedules, track progress, evaluate, and report compliance.
- Evaluate part chemical composition and compliance to Honda’s Chemical Substance Management Standard.
- Lead, develop, and maintain In-house (I/H) Part chemical composition information through collaboration with assigned manufacturing Plants, Purchasing, Trading, Service, and Design.
- Determine impact of new technology, new designed parts and manufacturing processes to part chemical compliance.
- Coordinate and perform IMDS/MoCS data entry for N.A. In-house parts, including validation of part chemical composition compliance.
- Present weekly team status of part chemical compliance results, including specific non-compliance items, gaps, and countermeasures.
- Organize verification of N.A. plant processes, part structures, sourcing, and chemical composition to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate various product and/or part chemical composition searches, studies, and reports for product regulatory investigations.
- Lead part chemical compliance meetings with N.A. Plants, Purchasing, Trading, Service, Design, and other regions.
- Maintain Survey & Calculation Summary file to document model compliance.
- Coordinate and/or support various Business Plans/Special Projects, as assigned.
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Understanding of European ELV/REACh, U.S. EPA, Canadian EPA, Korea, China, and other chemical regulations per destination.
- Experience with chemical composition and material application to parts, processes, and final products.
- Experience with IMDS (external) and MoCS (internal) part chemical composition collection and reporting systems.
- Understanding of Honda Bill of Materials (BOM) and Honda part drawings, including Honda Engineering Standards (HES).
- Experience with Honda New Model development and maturation activities.
- Experience with Honda Frame and/or Powertrain I/H manufacturing parts and processes.
- Project management experience.
- Detail oriented.
Required Work Experience:
- 2+ Years of related work experience, based on education.
- 2+ Years of experience working with Bill of Materials (BOM), and part drawings for Frame and/or Powertrain related parts. (preferred)
- 2+ Years of New Model development process experience. (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Data Analytics, or equivalent related experience.
We care about our associates and their wellbeing. We offer a wide range of benefits including:
Read Full Description
- Competitive total compensation
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- Flexible and valuable insurance plans
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Onsite automobile service center and wellness center
- Development to further your career
- Discount on Honda products
- Paid time off and paid holidays