Do you want to be a valued member of a team who plays a critical role in providing excellent care to patients in a Lab setting? If so, consider joining our team working PRN as a Phlebotomist.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Performs venipunctures, heel sticks, and finger sticks to obtain blood samples for testing purposes
- Properly identifies patients and follows procedures for collection of specimens
- Ensures that all information from the blood collection of specimens is entered into the laboratory computer system including time drawn, time received, and initials
- Collects chain of custody urine drug screens
- Performs other related functions as assigned by the Laboratory
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Responsible for the maintenance of patient's orders and results records.
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate with all laboratory employees, nurses, physicians, and other departments.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Key qualifications to be considered for this include:
Read Full Description
- A high school diploma preferred
- certification by a nationally recognized body preferred
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures of Phlebotomy preferred