At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it’s our reason for being and the guiding force that’s driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we’re serving one of the world’s biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
Jabil is looking for Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
As part of an automation solutions engineering team, you will be responsible for building turn-key solutions for world top companies while working with our software partners to create optimized solution implementations based on customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scope, design, develop, document and debug client server applications from the ground up using Microsoft .NET stack.
- Ensure developed code meets high standards for overall quality, maintainability and re-usability.
- Collaborate and communicate with team members in order to come up with the best possible solutions for the product.
- Evaluate / review existing legacy software code to ensure the solution meets all existing software functionality.
- Stay abreast of the latest techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
- Be proficient in designing software control and interface systems for complex automation equipment.
- Recognize Key Success Indicators and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
- Provide input to and help establish tools and processes for our next generation product.
- Must be able to clearly mitigate risks to multiple stakeholders.
- Proven communication skills and ability to work in a team and independently.
- Direct and mentor team members.
- Willing to travel up to 20%.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have experience with Automation and Robotics.
- Proven track record of scoping, designing and developing reliable, maintainable and secure code in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience developing code that meets high performance standards.
- Highly proficient developing desktop solutions using C#, VB.NET and WPF within the .NET Framework environment.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience with Design Patterns implementation and Unit testing.
- Experience conducting formal design reviews to ensure designs meet customer design requirements.
- Excellent communicator. Works well with others. Self-driven and motivated.
- Experience using agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Dedicated to continual personal and professional development.
- Strong Data Structures, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience developing PLC solutions.
- Experienced with industrial machine vision systems integration (i.e. Cognex, Keyence, OpenCV).
- Familiarity with various sensors and actuators.
- Familiarity with IoT concepts.
- Experienced with motion control systems and system integration.
- Experience developing drivers for various devices using multiple standard communication protocols.
- SEMI Standard experience and SECS/GEM communication knowledge.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 7-10 years of related experience in Software Development
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Sr. Software Engineer
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Description